Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dual monitors

1. Jan 31, 2006 #1
    I have an acer aspire30002 and i connected a dell flat panel monitor to it. The thing is I can never get them to display separate screens. I got them to display the same thing earlier but now only one at a time. Does this mean that the video card does not support dual monitors?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most video cards do not support dual displays. What kind of video card do you have?

- Warren

4. Feb 1, 2006 #3
    The external VGA port on laptops isn't intended for dual monitor support. It's just provided to give users the ability to switch from the laptop LCD display to a monitor or projector.

5. Feb 1, 2006 #4

shmoe

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If this is yours: http://www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3002.html it has "Dual independant display". On my own laptop (not an acer, and a different video card then yours so this may not help at all) I have to go through the "display properties-Settings" to set up a dual desktop. Using the built in hardware function key flops back and forth between displays.

6. Feb 1, 2006 #5
    I have a SiS M760GX. But I don't think that I have this "Dual independent display support" with my Acer. Or maybe, because it does have the function button (Fn+F5) but I have not been able to use that. I have the cheaper version of the 3002 series and I think that may be why.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?