Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dum-dum Daschle

1. Aug 30, 2004 #1

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Tom Daschle, the Highest ranking Democratic Senator prefers President Bush over Kerry, at least when it’s politically expedient to do so. This repugnant, democratic leader is running for re-election and praising President Bush in his campaign. His latest political ad features him hugging the president.

I suspect the South Dakotan voter will get rid of this idiot molto rapidamente!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, really ? Can you show us the link too ? I really want to see this.

I've kinda heard that a bunch of republicans are actually standing up for Daschle because some out-of-state right-wing group is going about making smear ads and that's pi$$ing off the South Dakotan voters.

4. Aug 30, 2004 #3

GENIERE

Science Advisor

5. Aug 30, 2004 #4
    I never did like Daschle. Both major parties are ridiculously corrupt. Of the two, I strongly prefer the Democrats.

6. Aug 30, 2004 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Until there's a better source than Drudge talking about this, I'll wait.

Yes, it looks shady from the description...but I've read reports where Drudge shamelessly edits transcripts and puts things way out of context.

7. Aug 31, 2004 #6
    Daschle's not the only one who's hugged Bush, bi-partisan embraces are common and used all the time to show that people are really uniters. Hell, Ted Kennedy even ran an add for re-election last time he ran dubbed "Who's Goofier?"

Attached Files:

8. Sep 3, 2004 #7

GENIERE

Science Advisor

SPARTANBURG, SC (Talon News) -- The campaign for Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD), who is running for his political life against Republican challenger John Thune, has a new television ad that began running this week featuring President George W. Bush and his political nemesis in the U.S. Senate hugging each

other.http://www.talonnews.com/news/2004/august/0831_daschle_bush.shtml

9. Sep 3, 2004 #8

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Daschle has a job to do and does it well: the job of the minority leader (from the party's point of view) is to be vocally and actively against everything the other party wants to do. His job is to be a thorn in the side of the Republican majority and he is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?