Can Anyone Help Me Understand Light and the Limits of Speed in Physics?

• Thread starter Durdum
  • Start date
In summary, light is a fundamental aspect of physics that has been extensively studied, but its exact nature remains elusive. Scientists have determined that light travels at a constant speed, known as the speed of light, which is considered to be the highest attainable speed in the universe. This limit on speed has been confirmed through numerous experiments and is a crucial concept in the theory of relativity. However, recent developments in quantum physics have raised questions about the true limits of speed and the nature of light itself. Overall, while our understanding of light and its limits continues to evolve, it remains an essential and complex area of study in the field of physics.
Durdum
Good day,

I go by the nickname Durdum and I am a physics student first year. I really want to understand light, especially what it is and why nothing can go faster than light.

Besides that I am still learning how to learn. Hope I can help other people with the insights I discover myself. If you simply want to chat about physics or anything else just let me know.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Durdum. :welcome:

Durdum said:
Besides that I am still learning how to learn.
I like that! Yes, learning to learn can be a lifetime endeavour.