Dust Collection Foot Air Flow Help

Thank you.In summary, the individual wants to improve the performance of their dust collection foot on their CNC machine. They are using a dust collector with a 2 HP, 120 volt, 60 Hz, 20 amp peak, single-phase motor and 1550 CFM air suction capacity. The dust collection foot has a 4" extension and a 4" dust collection hole for the router. The length of the foot is 13" and the tunnel is 1" high and 4" wide. They are wondering if they are getting the best suction and how they can improve the design for maximum suction. The recommended action is to post this question on the Engineering Stack Exchange for more specialized help.
Sailfl
Please move to the right place if I have posted in the wrong location.

I want to improve the performance of my dust collection foot on my CNC machine.

I am using a dust collector that has a 2 HP, 120 volt, 60 Hz, 20 amp peak, single-phase motor. It generates 1550 CFM air suction capacity.

My dust collection foot (DCF) has a 4" extension where the hose from the DC attaches and were the router fits through the DCF there is a 4" dust collection hole. The length of the DCF from outside of the DC Tube to the Router collection Hole is 13" The tunnel from the 4" circles is 1" heigh X 4" wide.

Am I getting the best suction I can? I can increase the height of the tunnel slightly.

How can I improve the design to get maximum suction?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0282.jpg
    DSCN0282.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN0286.jpg
    DSCN0286.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN0290.jpg
    DSCN0290.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 463
Engineering news on Phys.org

What is dust collection foot air flow?

Dust collection foot air flow is the measurement of air movement in a specific area or system that is used to collect dust particles. It is an important aspect of maintaining clean and safe working environments, especially in industries where dust is produced.

Why is dust collection foot air flow important?

Dust collection foot air flow is important because it helps to prevent the buildup of dust particles that can be harmful to health and safety. It also helps to maintain the efficiency of equipment and processes by minimizing dust accumulation and potential hazards.

How is dust collection foot air flow measured?

Dust collection foot air flow can be measured using various methods such as anemometers, airflow meters, or velocity sensors. These devices measure the velocity and volume of air movement in a specific area or system.

What factors can affect dust collection foot air flow?

There are several factors that can affect dust collection foot air flow, including the design and layout of the ventilation system, the type and size of dust particles, the speed of the air moving through the system, and any obstructions that may restrict air flow.

How can dust collection foot air flow be improved?

Dust collection foot air flow can be improved by regularly maintaining and cleaning the ventilation system, ensuring proper placement and sizing of ductwork, using efficient filters and fans, and implementing effective dust control measures such as source capture systems.