• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Originally posted by David Ben-Ariel
Now, you're making progress, as your knowledge evolves to embrace your Dutch Israelite ROOTS! www.britam.org
No, read the sentence again:
Since we ALL came out of Africa: it is now Dutch Israelite Africans, to you.
As I said, I am not going to comment any further in this thread.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Nereid
Of course, this could all be pure speculation ... I can't see inside the pollies' heads!
I guess it would require a federal investigation to get to the bottom of such procedures, I am not particularly educated when it comes asylum rights either :)

jimmy p
Gold Member
with the mass spread of immigrants (legal and illegal) arent we a "united (kingdom)" now anyway?

Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Japan

I know that kat would like to limit this thread to the Netherlands, but Monique asked about Japan and its attitude to refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants in general.

AFAIK, third generation Koreans - even those who've married Japanese - aren't recognised as full citizens, even though their ancestors' reasons for being in Japan in the first place are shameful indeed (for the Japanese). Numbers of non-Japanese taken in as refugees in the past few decades? Not even 10.

Recent immigrants include poor Philippino wives for poor Japanese farmers who don't seem to be able to find themselves a local wife.

OTOH, the amount of foreign aid Japan gives to other Asian countries is very high, much higher than the US (total, cf GDP), but not as high as the Netherlands (IIRC).

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Originally posted by Nereid
OTOH, the amount of foreign aid Japan gives to other Asian countries is very high, much higher than the US (total, cf GDP), but not as high as the Netherlands (IIRC).
Would there be any page on the web that keeps up statistics like this? Foreign aid, granting asylum..

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ok, today on the frontpage of my newspaper:

The Netherlands restricts itself economically, due to too many immigration restrictions for foreign engineers and software developers. Especially in India there are a lot of complaints about the Dutch approach to knowledge-immigration. The Netherlands uses criteria that are stricter than any other European country. According to minister Brinkhorst, this problem stands seperate from the Dutch asylum regulations. The same holds true for the Polish in the agriculture. (not sure what that is supposed to mean)

so.. ok.. it is true there is a knowledge exodus to the United States, and we are not getting any Americans back in return.. leading to lack of innovation.. but I guess that is another discussion.

Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique: Would there be any page on the web that keeps up statistics like this? Foreign aid, granting asylum..
Well, http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=S%26(H%24%2FQA%23%24%0A [Broken]

Some interesting http://www.undp.org/hdr2003/indicator/indic_151_1_1.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: