Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Duty cycle and frequency doubt

1. Feb 16, 2012 #1
    Hello,
    I am making some modifications in my programm that had written by someone. it is about a flame machine and AC mains frequency is 50Hz. Now, the program is working for outputting a 20ms continous flame that means it is quiet clear that it was working at 100% duty cyle(not sure!). I want to make modifications in program to get atleast a continous flame for 1second or more. I think it is not possible because of it is already working at full duty cycle(not sure!) or am i missing soemthing? The signal that i am working with is PWM. Can i get any help here?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2012 #2

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

a picture would be worth a thousand words.

Program that puts out a flame? as in extinguish a flame or write to a USB blowtorch?

Not trying to be a wise guy here, just your question is not at all descriptive.

Can you slow down and help us understand what you have?

old jim

4. Feb 16, 2012 #3

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me too, Jim. Just what is this about?

5. Feb 17, 2012 #4

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Firewire ?

Seriously, i didnt mean to chase him away...

Our fossil plant had some flame detectors that measured fluctuatuions in UV region if i recall... i'd be wary of tinkering with those as they were protective equipment on a boiler.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook