1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamics Inclined plane

1. Jun 21, 2013 #1
    Hi there I was wondering if someone can help me on this attachment I am stuck on question 1.3 and 1.4. This was an experiment to see relationship between sin and gradient I have confidently completed the first two questions but it is the last two questions which are troubling with I am finding it difficult to get a grasp of. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2013 #2
    What is your attempt at the question? It says you have to use conservation of energy. Think of how energy is lost, and how it is gained.

4. Jun 21, 2013 #3
    On my first reaction I think that g sin[itex]\Theta[/itex] is the total for the sin[itex]\Theta[/itex] from the total and r2 is the radius of the disc which in this case is 750mm but I don't understand what k2 is?

5. Jun 21, 2013 #4
    Just out of curiosity has anyone ever come across these questions before as I haven't covered even the basics of it in level 3 so I don't know how to tackle this problem this is a level 4 question.

6. Jun 21, 2013 #5
    First, you should use the moment of inertia in the solution.
    If the radius of disk is 750 mm it will drag the ground unless the ramp is raised somehow.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted