1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamics - please can someone help

1. Oct 18, 2005 #1
    hi all pelase can someone help me i have these questions to do and im really finding my new college course hard i dont know where to start and they need to be in on thursday im really stuck. i would appreciate it if anyone could help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2005 #2
    Dayle

Question 1:
    Find angular momentum. How can you relate angular momentum, torque, and time?

Question 2:
    Same procedure as in question 1 only in this case time is given, find torque

Question 3:
    Draw FBDs of the drum and the lift. Use Newton's second Law.

Question 4:
    FBD is the key to all of the problems. Use Newton's second Law to find alpha. You have time in this problem therefore the approche is to use momentum.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  4. Oct 18, 2005 #3

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Dayle,
    do we have to print out the worksheet, fill in our (your?) name and send it to your professor by DHL so that he gets it on thursday ? :biggrin: You forgot to give his address :smile:
    Please read the guidelines: you're supposed to show some work first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?