Is This the Solution? A Review of Dynamics Pushing Blocks with Visuals

In summary, the conversation involves a request to look at pictures and check the answer to a question. The conversation also includes a discussion about decipherable handwriting and equations, as well as making corrections and confirming the accuracy of the solution.
alingy1
Please look at pictures.
Weirdly, my textbook does not give the answer to this question.

Can you check my answer? Sorry for the really bad writing. If you ask, I can more clearly write it.

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 5.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 5.03.12 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The handwriting is decipherable, but it's hard to follow what you are doing because it's not clear which equations relate to which FBD.
Please post your working by typing - it's not hard - making it clear which forces relate to which body.
Click on the Go Advanced button. You can pick ∑ off the quick symbols on the right and superscript and subscript from the X2, X2 icons along the top.

Here goes nothing!
For m1:
∑Fy=N1-m1g-sin(30)F=0
∑Fx=-N21-fk+cos(30)F=m1a

For m2:
∑Fx=-μkm2g+N12=m2a
∑Fy=N2-m2g=0

Add both ∑Fx equations:
km1g-μkm2g+cos(30)F=(m1+m2)a

a=1.41 m/s^2
N12=N21=11.52N

That looks great! How about the physics?

You've missed something out. Write out the equations relating N1, F, fk.

I do not understand. Can you be more specific? What is it I am missing? I've been looking at the problem long enough that everything seems good.

Got it. I mixed up the fk equation. I'm fixing it now and posting the new solution.

alingy1 said:
Here goes nothing!
For m1:
∑Fy=N1-m1g-sin(30)F=0
∑Fx=-N21-fk+cos(30)F=m1a

For m2:
∑Fx=-μkm2g+N12=m2a
∑Fy=N2-m2g=0

Add both ∑Fx equations:
km1g-μkm2g+cos(30)F=(m1+m2)a

a=1.41 m/s^2
N12=N21=11.52N

That looks great! How about the physics?

Here is my new equation:

μk(sin(30)F+m1g)-μkm2g+cos30F=(m1+m2)a

a=1.16 m/s^2
N12=N21=10.52 N

alingy1 said:
Here is my new equation:

μk(sin(30)F+m1g)-μkm2g+cos30F=(m1+m2)a

a=1.16 m/s^2
N12=N21=10.52 N

Those answers are correct (and if they're not, we made the same mistakes hahah)

Except for the rounding, if you rounded a to 2 decimals it would actually go up to 1.17 but that's pedantic, your equation is correct.

edit: Actually, there should be a negative sign in very the beginning of your first equation, but you must have just forgotten to type that, because your answer is correct.

Yes, I did forget the minus! I hope someone else confirms! At least we are two ;)

alingy1 said:
I hope someone else confirms! At least we are two ;)
Make that three.

Likes 1 person

What is the concept of Dynamics Pushing Blocks?

The concept of Dynamics Pushing Blocks is a physics-based puzzle game where the player must push blocks to reach a specific goal or destination. The blocks have different properties such as weight and friction, which affect their movement and interactions with other blocks and the environment.

How do you play Dynamics Pushing Blocks?

To play Dynamics Pushing Blocks, the player must use their problem-solving and critical thinking skills to figure out the best way to push and manipulate the blocks to reach the goal. They can do this by clicking and dragging on the blocks to move them, and using the environment to their advantage.

What are some common challenges in Dynamics Pushing Blocks?

Some common challenges in Dynamics Pushing Blocks include figuring out the correct order and direction to push the blocks in, using the environment to create paths or obstacles, and managing the properties of the blocks (e.g. weight, friction) to achieve the goal.

Are there different levels in Dynamics Pushing Blocks?

Yes, Dynamics Pushing Blocks typically has multiple levels with increasing difficulty. The levels may also introduce new elements or mechanics to keep the gameplay interesting and challenging.

Can Dynamics Pushing Blocks improve problem-solving skills?

Yes, playing Dynamics Pushing Blocks can improve problem-solving skills as it requires the player to think critically and strategize in order to solve the puzzles. It can also enhance spatial awareness and logical thinking abilities.