Master Dynamics Concepts with These Physics Questions | Need Help?

• Thread starter ohlhauc1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dynamics
In summary, the conversation discusses questions related to physics, including the concept of mass and its resistance to change in motion, the reason for a stuffed animal's perceived movement in a turning car, and the difference between mass and weight in space. The main topics covered are mass, force, and inertia.
ohlhauc1
I need some help figuring out some questions for my Physics class. None of the answers are in the book, and I can't find them on the internet. I had to do a whole bunch, and I just can't get the last 4-5. Could you help me please?

1. What concept is used to quantify the inertia of an object?

2. A small stuffed animal hangs from the rear view mirror of a car turning a corner. Sketch the position of the stuffed animal relative to the mirror during the turn as seen by a passenger. Explain the reason for the perceived movement of the stuffed animal.

3. Astronauts working outside of the space shuttle in Earth's orbit are able to move large satellites. One astronaut referred to the satellites not as heavy, but as massive. Explain the astronaut's comment?

4. If an object's mass resists any change in its motion, how then, does the motion of a mass change?

5. What concept is used to quantify the inertia of an object? My answer: Inertial mass...is this correct?

Thanks so much for your help

Physics news on Phys.org
1 - mass.
3 - What is heaviness?
4 - apply force
5 - correct.
I din't understand 2nd question.

2. Newton's first law requires that the doodle want to keep on moving in a straight line. It will therefore swing outwards and upwards with respect to the mirror as the car turns. The string will then pull it and supply the necessary centripetal force for it to follow the turn. The string will point along the radius of the turn towards the doodle.

1. What are some examples of Master Dynamics concepts in physics?

Examples of Master Dynamics concepts in physics include Newton's Laws of Motion, the principle of conservation of energy, and the concept of torque and rotational motion.

2. How can I improve my understanding of Master Dynamics in physics?

You can improve your understanding of Master Dynamics in physics by practicing problems, seeking help from a tutor or teacher, and studying the principles and equations involved.

3. What are the key equations and principles to remember for mastering Dynamics in physics?

The key equations and principles to remember for mastering Dynamics in physics include Newton's Second Law (F=ma), the Work-Energy Theorem (W=Fd), and the Law of Universal Gravitation (F=Gm1m2/r^2).

4. How does Dynamics in physics relate to real-world applications?

Dynamics in physics has many real-world applications, such as understanding the motion of objects in everyday life, predicting the behavior of machines and structures, and designing efficient systems.

5. Are there any online resources available for help with mastering Dynamics concepts in physics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for help with mastering Dynamics concepts in physics. Some options include online tutorials, practice problems, and interactive simulations. Additionally, many universities and educational institutions offer online courses and resources for learning physics and Dynamics concepts.