Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dynamite Found in Printemps Dept Store Paris

1. Dec 16, 2008 #1

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Merry Christmas Shoppers.
    We have a special today on "Get out of Afghanistan Dynamite in Aisle 8."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hVze0Fn4iyxmce-rEhgNsHQOLRiw

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So we need a suspect with ready access to dynamite, is from a country with a strong anti-French feeling, but who never gets the technical details correct.

I think it's Wile E. Coyote

4. Dec 16, 2008 #3
    Maybe it was a terrorist expressing his dislike for mens French fashions? I'm really glad no one was hurt. I suspect everyone should keep a eye open for odd things in odd places.

5. Dec 16, 2008 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Those dogs are pretty good if they can sniff dynamite in a men's public toilet. :eek:

6. Dec 16, 2008 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Very few industries uses dynamite anymore so this was probably some bunch of geniuses that had found some old stock. So it's probably a good thing they didn't know about detonators.

It's generally more effective to just phone in a threat than actually make a bomb in terms of causing disruption and gaining publicity.
    Because of this when we used to have proper terrorists in europe there were agreed code words worked out between the police and official terrorists ( IRA/ETA/Red etc).
    I always wondered how this was done. Did they have a comittee meeting with an agenda, minutes, and tea with a little plate of biscuits - but with the delegates on one side of the table wearing camoflague and black balaclavas?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  7. Dec 16, 2008 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Maybe Larry Craig can be trained for that?

8. Dec 16, 2008 #7
    Hmmmm, so this terrorist group wants France to surrender to Afghanistan. Oh the irony.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?