1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Dyson Sphere discovered?

1. Oct 19, 2015 #1
    So the popular internet news outlets are ringing with articles about a possible Dyson sphere, or alien mega-structure around a star (KIC 8462852) 1500 light years away.

Here is one such article :
    http://www.space.com/30855-alien-life-search-kepler-megastructure.html

I'd like to know, since i don't want to jump to conclusions, what are the physical limitiations of a dyson sphere?

Also, I'd like to know what your thoughts are, and if anyone has any papers, or studies that are related to the star, and if anyone has an inside scoop on whats happening?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2015 #2

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Oct 19, 2015 #3
    Thanks alot :)

I'll be kind of disappointed if its not aliens, since its about time we discovered some so we can set humanity straight here on earth, but hey what are you gonna do :oldshy:

5. Oct 19, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You may not get what you wish for. What if the aliens you seek are like those in Alien v. Predator?

6. Oct 19, 2015 #5
    I've watched enough Micheal Bay movies to know that humanity always wins, because the aliens are always dumb enough to land in murica!

7. Oct 19, 2015 #6

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook