1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

E-mail notifications

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1
    Sometimes I do not recieved an e-mail notification for a thread I am subscribed to after it gets to be several posts long.

I should recieve an e-mail notification every time someone posts on a thread I am subscribed to until I unsubscribe, correct?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you are only supposed to get a notification once when there is a new reply to a thread, until you visit the forum again. It keeps you from having an overflowing inbox if discussion gets active before you can get back to check.

4. Oct 11, 2007 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't get email notification for PMs.

5. Oct 11, 2007 #4
    What are PMs?

6. Oct 11, 2007 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Personal messages. They are a way to communicate in-forum, without exposing your e-mail address. Left click on a user name, and sending them a PM is one of the pull-down options. Also, in the upper right corner of the screen, you will see a link to your PM mailbox. Finally, in your Control Panel, you can set options to receive e-mail notification of new PMs and of new posts in threads that you have subscribed to.

7. Oct 14, 2007 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (also called PMT or Premenstrual Tension):biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?