Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

E-mail notifications

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1
    Sometimes I do not recieved an e-mail notification for a thread I am subscribed to after it gets to be several posts long.

I should recieve an e-mail notification every time someone posts on a thread I am subscribed to until I unsubscribe, correct?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you are only supposed to get a notification once when there is a new reply to a thread, until you visit the forum again. It keeps you from having an overflowing inbox if discussion gets active before you can get back to check.
  4. Oct 11, 2007 #3

Gold Member

I don't get email notification for PMs.
  5. Oct 11, 2007 #4
    What are PMs?
  6. Oct 11, 2007 #5

Staff: Mentor

Personal messages. They are a way to communicate in-forum, without exposing your e-mail address. Left click on a user name, and sending them a PM is one of the pull-down options. Also, in the upper right corner of the screen, you will see a link to your PM mailbox. Finally, in your Control Panel, you can set options to receive e-mail notification of new PMs and of new posts in threads that you have subscribed to.
  7. Oct 14, 2007 #6

Gold Member

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (also called PMT or Premenstrual Tension):biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?