Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

E.T. Jaynes

1. Aug 12, 2003 #1
    Hello, everybody

I'm a new member of this forum and I've got a very important question for anybody who knows the book
    Probability Theory - The Logic of Science by E.T. Jaynes.

I've got the book of the Internet (I understand there is a printed version) and I'm missing a few chapters. If somebody has them (ps or pdf files), please tell me if you can send them to me. Thank you!:smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2003 #2

Sorry, dont have the chapters.
    But I just wanted to compliment you on your User Name.
    He's one of my favorite Asimov characters.
  4. Aug 14, 2003 #3
    Thank you

Thanks for the compliment, Daneel is my favourite Asimov character, so any time I get the chance, I use his name. Is it copyrighted?

Anyway, I'm very dissapointed, because nobody seems to have heard of Jaynes, and I just started reading his book on probability theory. And, although I'm just at the first few chapters, I think it promises a lot. Especially for scientific inference, which the main application of the theory developed there (It also involves a robot).

Maybe I should have posted this thread on the Mathematics forum.

Thanks anyway
  5. Aug 14, 2003 #4
    No, I don't think it's copyrighted because Isaac Asimov is dead.

I think its fine in the Theoretical Physics forum because it sounds like it could relate to the Uncertainty Principle.
  6. Mar 9, 2004 #5
    Jaynes- Probability Theory & Logic of Science

I am a grad student in theoretical physics, working my way through "Probability Theory" all by myself as part of my research. I really like the book, but I am stumped on a couple of the exercises. Is there anyone out there who has compiled a solutions manual?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?