1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

E.T. Jaynes

1. Aug 12, 2003 #1
    Hello, everybody

I'm a new member of this forum and I've got a very important question for anybody who knows the book
    Probability Theory - The Logic of Science by E.T. Jaynes.

I've got the book of the Internet (I understand there is a printed version) and I'm missing a few chapters. If somebody has them (ps or pdf files), please tell me if you can send them to me. Thank you!:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2003 #2
    Name

Sorry, dont have the chapters.
    But I just wanted to compliment you on your User Name.
    He's one of my favorite Asimov characters.

4. Aug 14, 2003 #3
    Thank you

Thanks for the compliment, Daneel is my favourite Asimov character, so any time I get the chance, I use his name. Is it copyrighted?

Anyway, I'm very dissapointed, because nobody seems to have heard of Jaynes, and I just started reading his book on probability theory. And, although I'm just at the first few chapters, I think it promises a lot. Especially for scientific inference, which the main application of the theory developed there (It also involves a robot).

Maybe I should have posted this thread on the Mathematics forum.

Thanks anyway

5. Aug 14, 2003 #4
    No, I don't think it's copyrighted because Isaac Asimov is dead.

I think its fine in the Theoretical Physics forum because it sounds like it could relate to the Uncertainty Principle.

6. Mar 9, 2004 #5
    Jaynes- Probability Theory & Logic of Science

I am a grad student in theoretical physics, working my way through "Probability Theory" all by myself as part of my research. I really like the book, but I am stumped on a couple of the exercises. Is there anyone out there who has compiled a solutions manual?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook