Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Ear infection

  1. Feb 16, 2010 #1
    I have an ear infection and it is chronic. I went to my doctor and he prescribed some drops. I have put these in at the morning and lunch. Now, at night, my ear has swollen canal has swollen shut and the pain is intense and I can't hear, what should I do.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

  4. Feb 16, 2010 #3


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Call the doctor and ask when you should start feeling some relief. If your ear feels worse, call the doctor and let them know, don't hesitate to go to an urgent care or emergency room if it is after hours if you feel it's necessary. Hopefully your doctor has an after hours answering service that can put you in touch with someone.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook