Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Early reg perks at QG-square

1. Oct 30, 2007 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Registration for next year's Quantum Geometry/Gravity conference is now open.
    And there's a nice BONUS for people who submit an abstract have it accepted early.

There are 50 free-of-charge bed-and-breakfast rooms that will go to people who register early and are contributing talks.

If I am mistaken about this, hopefully one of the Nottingham people will correct me.

The links with conference information that I am taking this from is
    http://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/conferences/qgsquared-2008/ and
    http://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/conferences/qgsquared-2008/registration/

There are more on-campus dorm rooms that they charge for (I don't expect it is very much), but only 50 free ones.
    There are also student discount dinner tickets.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2007 #2

garrett

Gold Member

"Approximately 50 of the rooms will be offered free of charge to participants whose principal place of work is in Europe"

4. Oct 30, 2007 #3

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Aaargh! I don't see how I missed that detail.:yuck:
    No freebees for our side.

5. Oct 30, 2007 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hmm, this would have to be the year after I graduate and move away from Nottingham; I'd definitely have snuck in if it was last year! Incidentally, I used to live in the halls they're accommodating people in.. oh the memories!!

Oh, and if anyone is reading this who is planning on going and flying into heathrow, book train tickets from st pancras to nottingham a few months in advance (www.qjump.co.uk), and buy two single tickets. If you book early, you can get there and back for about £14. A tube journey from heathrow to st pancras is about £4. So, it can be a lot cheaper than it advertises on their website!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  6. Oct 31, 2007 #5

f-h

Hi everyone, funding is coming from the ESF therefore the European restriction. The travel info is still in a state of flux, we're working on it especially the (non existent) train section.
    I use qjump as well and it will be on the webpage soon-ish.

fh

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?