What Are the Perks of Early Registration for Next Year's QG-Squared Conference?

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, early registration for next year's QG-Squared Conference offers several perks, including discounted registration fees, priority access to popular sessions and workshops, and the opportunity to secure preferred hotel accommodations. Additionally, early registration allows attendees to plan and schedule their conference experience in advance, ensuring they don't miss out on any valuable networking or learning opportunities. By registering early, attendees also have a better chance of securing limited spots for exclusive events and activities. Overall, early registration for the QG-Squared Conference provides a range of benefits that make the conference experience more convenient, affordable, and enjoyable.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Registration for next year's Quantum Geometry/Gravity conference is now open.
And there's a nice BONUS for people who submit an abstract have it accepted early.

There are 50 free-of-charge bed-and-breakfast rooms that will go to people who register early and are contributing talks.

If I am mistaken about this, hopefully one of the Nottingham people will correct me.

The links with conference information that I am taking this from is
http://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/conferences/qgsquared-2008/ and
http://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/conferences/qgsquared-2008/registration/

There are more on-campus dorm rooms that they charge for (I don't expect it is very much), but only 50 free ones.
There are also student discount dinner tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
"Approximately 50 of the rooms will be offered free of charge to participants whose principal place of work is in Europe"

Aaargh! I don't see how I missed that detail.:yuck:
No freebees for our side.

Hmm, this would have to be the year after I graduate and move away from Nottingham; I'd definitely have snuck in if it was last year! Incidentally, I used to live in the halls they're accommodating people in.. oh the memories!

Oh, and if anyone is reading this who is planning on going and flying into heathrow, book train tickets from st pancras to nottingham a few months in advance (www.qjump.co.uk), and buy two single tickets. If you book early, you can get there and back for about £14. A tube journey from heathrow to st pancras is about £4. So, it can be a lot cheaper than it advertises on their website!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, funding is coming from the ESF therefore the European restriction. The travel info is still in a state of flux, we're working on it especially the (non existent) train section.
I use qjump as well and it will be on the webpage soon-ish.

fh

1. What are early reg perks at QG-square?

The early registration perks at QG-square refer to special benefits or advantages that are offered to individuals who register for an event, conference, or program early. These perks can include discounted registration fees, priority access to workshops or sessions, and exclusive networking opportunities.

2. How do I qualify for early reg perks at QG-square?

To qualify for early registration perks at QG-square, you typically need to register for the event or program before a specific deadline. This deadline is usually mentioned on the event's website or registration page. It is important to register early, as the perks may not be available after the deadline.

3. What types of events or programs offer early reg perks at QG-square?

Early registration perks at QG-square can be offered for a variety of events and programs, such as conferences, workshops, training programs, and seminars. These perks are often available for events that require pre-registration and have limited capacity.

4. Are early reg perks at QG-square worth it?

Whether or not early registration perks at QG-square are worth it depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you are interested in attending the event or program and can register early, it may be worth it to take advantage of the perks. However, if you are unsure about attending or cannot register before the deadline, it may not be worth it.

5. How can I find out about early reg perks at QG-square?

The best way to find out about early registration perks at QG-square is to regularly check the event's website or social media pages. You can also sign up for their email list or newsletter to receive updates and notifications about early registration deadlines and perks. Additionally, you can reach out to the event organizers directly for more information.