1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Earning potential ?

  1. Jun 23, 2008 #1
    How much can a researcher earn in countires like US,UK, or other european countries & is it necessary to become a professor or a teacher in physics ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2008 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    If you want to be a "researcher," an overseer of research, you'll need a Ph.D. You can participate in many research projects with less education in simpler roles, however.

    Salaries vary wildly, yet are almost always less than those offered by private industry.

    - Warren
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook