Catch the Special on ABC: Your Thoughts?

• Thread starter NBAJam100
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thoughts
In summary, the special was about how things might change if global warming is accurate. Some of the predictions were quite scary.
NBAJam100
Did anyone happen to catch this special on ABC? If so, what did you think of it?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I watched a few minutes of it, in the last half hour or so: Pop. 4.2 billion to pop. 3.8 billion.

Even those few minutes were too depressing; I turned to HGTV.

Thanks, I wanted to watch it but forgot about it. It is just about to start here.

DaveC426913 said:
Even those few minutes were too depressing; I turned to HGTV.

HGTV?! Now that IS depressing.

It is about all that Tsu wants to watch. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
HGTV?! Now that IS depressing.
1] There was absolutely nothing else on. I mean nothing.
2] HGTV is perfectly non-offensive as background noise when one is busy reading one's science fora.

Hey, that is Bob Woodruff. Recall that he is the reporter who was seriously injured in Iraq [severe head injury]. The first time I saw him make a public appearance, he was still pretty rough.

Heh, he is two weeks younger than Obama.

DaveC426913 said:
1] There was absolutely nothing else on. I mean nothing.
2] HGTV is perfectly non-offensive as background noise when one is busy reading one's science fora.

My God man, isn't there an old I Dream of Jeannie, or MASH... something?

Ivan Seeking said:
My God man, isn't there an old I Dream of Jeannie, or MASH... something?
Nope. I never would have even known Earth 2100 was on if Two & a Half Men hadn't been an ep I've seen three times.

The next most interesting thing on was King of Queens.

and I don't watch King of Queens...

Ivan Seeking said:
Thanks, I wanted to watch it but forgot about it. It is just about to start here.

No problem, enjoy. You're in for an interesting 2 hours!

Somewhat entertaining so long as you keep in mind it's categorically science fiction not science.

Yes, they were offering some perspective on what the world might be like, in very personal terms, if some predictions about global warming are accurate. I almost stopped watching when I saw what it was but decided to see it through. Given what they were trying to do, I thought it was okay. It is probably most appropriate for people who have no idea what climate change could bring.

Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, they were offering some perspective on what the world might be like, in very personal terms, if some predictions about global warming are accurate. I almost stopped watching when I saw what it was but decided to see it through. Given what they were trying to do, I thought it was okay. It is probably most appropriate for people who have no idea what climate change could bring.

Agreed

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Earth2100

when the doco comes out, i'll leach it for you guys =]

1. What is the special on ABC about?

The special on ABC is about discussing and analyzing various current events and pop culture topics, with a focus on engaging with the audience's thoughts and opinions.

2. When will the special air on ABC?

The special will air on ABC at [specific date and time]. Please check your local listings for the exact air time in your area.

3. How do I participate in the special?

To participate in the special, you can tune in to the broadcast and share your thoughts and opinions on social media using the designated hashtag. You can also join the conversation on the show's official website or through interactive polls and quizzes.

4. Who will be hosting the special?

The special will be hosted by [specific host/hostess], who will facilitate discussions and engage with the audience's thoughts and opinions.

5. Will there be any guest appearances on the special?

Yes, there will be guest appearances from experts, celebrities, and other individuals who will provide their insights and perspectives on the discussed topics.