Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Earth-Moon Barycentre

1. Jul 10, 2008 #1

I recently came across an article on which I am somewhat skeptical, because one has to pay to see it, but nevertheless it was interesting. Have a look at the abstract for feature 4 on:

<link removed by cristo>

The author suggests that the barycentre of the Earth-Moon system moves in unidirectionally every day and then another direction over a 9 year basis. Can such an effect be back up outside of this webpage and what si the source of the effect?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Are these papers published in a peer reviewed journal anywhere? If not, then they do not meet PF guidelines and, as such, cannot be discussed here. Personally, I wouldn't trust any paper that one has to buy from a private website.
  4. Jul 10, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

On closer inspection, it is clear that this site is non-mainstream, at best, and is thus not permitted here for discussion. I would advise you not to waste your money on this website, and instead subscribe to a real journal!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?