Earth Resonance Power Generator

In summary, the conversation is about a potential design for an electrical generator that would be powered by the Schumann resonance frequency. The idea involves using a toroid ring with three coils spaced 120 degrees apart and a magnet to create a rotating magnetic field. However, there are concerns about the feasibility of this design and the need for a 3-phase power supply. The speaker also advises approaching the idea from a scientific perspective without bias.
Jdo300
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick and dirty question to ask. I have earlier posted about how to make a coil resonate at the Schumann resonance frequency (or multiples of if), and thank you all for your help so far. I thought I may as well tell you what I am trying to do here. I have an idea for a way to make an electrical generator that would be powered by the schumann resonance frequency. The idea is rather simple and I am confident that I could get it to work if I could get all the tuning issues worked out.

The basic idea is to take a toroid ring made of some ferrous material, and wrap three coils around it (spaced 120 degrees apart but with spaces between them). One of the coils would be tuned to resonate at the Schumann resonance once a magnet is placed next to it. THe idea here is that the coil that is resonating would induce a current in the other two coils that are on the toroid loop and cause them to resonate too. But since they are spaced 120 degrees apart, the resonance would be three-phase (I think, this is all hypothetical here). The idea here would be to get these three coils to resonate out of phase to cause the toroid as a whole to appear to have a rotating magnetic field (to mimic a normal bar magnet being mechanically spun). I'll have to stop right here with the explanation because this is where I'm running into a lot of trouble. I'm not even sure if what I am describing here could work, but it seems like there should be some kind of way to do this.

Ideally, the thought is that if I could get this rotating magnetic field effect to work, I could wind one big secondary coil around the entire toroid to induce an electrical current in it. I know I'm making a lot of assumptions here and I really don't have the technical background to really make this work on my own. So I thought I'd get a few ideas on it. What do you all think? Is this something that could possibly work?

- Jason O

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
HI
I believe that your motor design would require a 3-phase power supply in order to run it. This is due to the 3 coils being 120 degrees out of phase with each other. I would recommend trying a design that is more akin to a single phase motor. That might work. I would also recommend to use a scientific point of view that does not harbor the bias of the sceptic. Only objective views are true to the real scientist.

Hello Jason O.,

I must say that your idea is very intriguing and creative. However, there are a few things that need to be considered before determining if this Earth Resonance Power Generator could actually work.

Firstly, the Schumann resonance frequency is a very low frequency, around 7.83 Hz, and it is not easy to generate and maintain a resonance at such a low frequency. Additionally, the Earth's magnetic field is constantly changing and can affect the resonance of the coils.

Secondly, creating a rotating magnetic field with three out-of-phase coils is possible, but it would require precise tuning and coordination to maintain the phase difference between the coils. Any slight variation in the phase could disrupt the resonance and affect the efficiency of the generator.

Lastly, the efficiency of this generator would also be a concern. Generating electricity from a rotating magnetic field is not a new concept, but it is typically done with a mechanical rotation of the magnets rather than through resonance. It would require significant testing and experimentation to determine the efficiency and feasibility of this concept.

In conclusion, your idea is certainly worth exploring further, but it would require a lot of technical expertise and experimentation to determine its viability. I would suggest seeking out the help of experts in the field of electrical engineering and resonance to assist with the technical aspects of your idea. Good luck with your project!

1. What is an Earth Resonance Power Generator?

An Earth Resonance Power Generator is a device that harnesses the natural resonance of the Earth to generate electricity. It utilizes the Earth's magnetic field and electromagnetic waves to produce clean and renewable energy.

2. How does an Earth Resonance Power Generator work?

The generator consists of a large coil of wire, known as the resonant coil, which is placed underground. As the Earth rotates, it creates a magnetic field and electromagnetic waves that interact with the resonant coil, causing it to vibrate and generate electricity. This energy is then captured and converted into usable electricity.

3. What are the benefits of using an Earth Resonance Power Generator?

There are several benefits to using an Earth Resonance Power Generator. Firstly, it is a clean and renewable source of energy, reducing our reliance on fossil fuels. It also has a low environmental impact and does not produce any emissions. Additionally, it has a low maintenance cost and can operate continuously without the need for fuel.

4. Can an Earth Resonance Power Generator be used anywhere in the world?

Yes, an Earth Resonance Power Generator can be used in any location on Earth as long as there is a stable magnetic field and electromagnetic waves present. However, the efficiency of the generator may vary depending on the location and strength of the Earth's resonance.

5. How does an Earth Resonance Power Generator compare to other renewable energy sources?

An Earth Resonance Power Generator is a relatively new technology, and its efficiency is still being studied and improved. In comparison to other renewable energy sources like solar and wind power, it has the potential to be more consistent and reliable, as it does not rely on weather conditions. However, it may not be as widely available as these other sources.