Earth tilts only a few degrees and the weather changes

In summary, the Earth's weather system remains stationary, despite the Earth rotating underneath it. This would mean that tropical rain forests, deserts, moderate climates and arctic climates would wander around.
Echo 6 Sierra
I find it interesting how the Earth tilts only a few degrees and the weather changes so dramatically. Question: How far fetched would it be to think that the Earths weather system remains a stationary shell and the Earth simply rotates underneath it. To put it another way, the weather "shell" remains the same in relation to the Sun.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I guess you are ready to elaborate a lot on that.

Are you referring to the Brown - Hapgood - White - Velikovski poleshifts?

Please continue, I won't shoot.

Originally posted by Echo 6 Sierra
I find it interesting how the Earth tilts only a few degrees and the weather changes so dramatically. Question: How far fetched would it be to think that the Earths weather system remains a stationary shell and the Earth simply rotates underneath it. To put it another way, the weather "shell" remains the same in relation to the Sun.
It's not hard to disprove this. Watch a storm move.

Furthermore, if the weather shell were to stay fixed with respect to the Sun while the Earth rotated beneath it, I'd expect 1,000 mph winds.

- Warren

I think, Warren, that E6S is referring to a very slow process, where the Earth surface wanders around in a couple of thousends of years, while the climate areas stay put, tied to the lattitude. So that would mean that tropical rain forests, deserts, moderate climates and arctic climates seem to wander around while actually it is the Earth surface that wanders.

Am I right? E6S

You are waaaaay ahead of me. I was just supposing that the Earths 'weather shell' would remain on the same tilt but still rotate like normal. The only exception being that the Earth would continue its seasonal tilting. Sorry if I misspoke.

I'll google those names and learn more, thanks.

You're welcome. :smile:

Please, Tell us what you think.

1. Why does the Earth tilt on its axis?

The Earth tilts on its axis because of its rotation around the sun. This tilt, also known as obliquity, is caused by the gravitational pull of the sun and other planets in our solar system.

2. How much does the Earth tilt?

The Earth's tilt is approximately 23.5 degrees. This tilt remains constant throughout the year and is one of the main factors that influence our changing weather patterns.

3. What is the significance of the Earth's tilt for weather?

The Earth's tilt plays a significant role in creating seasonal changes in weather. As the Earth orbits around the sun, different parts of the planet are exposed to varying amounts of sunlight, leading to changes in temperature and weather patterns.

4. How does the Earth's tilt affect different regions of the planet?

The Earth's tilt affects different regions of the planet differently. For example, regions near the equator experience relatively consistent weather throughout the year due to their proximity to the sun's direct rays. In contrast, regions near the poles experience more extreme seasonal changes due to their distance from the sun's direct rays.

5. Can the Earth's tilt change over time?

Yes, the Earth's tilt can change over time. Known as axial precession, this change is caused by the gravitational pull of other planets and the moon. However, these changes occur very slowly and have a minimal impact on our weather patterns.