Gravitational Effect of Uniform Mass on Earth's Surface

In summary, the conversation discusses the gravitational effect of Earth's surface if the density of mass was uniform and 2/5 of its real value. The participants suggest using the equation for gravitational force or gravitational field, but it is not clear what is meant by "gravitational effect."
Jaller1404
Hey guys!

What would be the gravitational effect of Earth on it's surface, if somehow the density of mass was uniform and equal to 2/5 of the real value? Assuming that the size e shape os the planet doesn't change.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Have you Googled the equation for gravitational force? What does it tell you?

Likes Jaller1404
russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

Have you Googled the equation for gravitational force? What does it tell you?
Actually, do you think I should use the equation for gravitational force or the equation for gravitacional field?

Jaller1404 said:
Actually, do you think I should use the equation for gravitational force or the equation for gravitacional field?
I guess it depends on what you are asking - it isn't clear to me what you want to know. What is "gravitational effect"?

Likes Jaller1404
russ_watters said:
I guess it depends on what you are asking - it isn't clear to me what you want to know. What is "gravitational effect"?
Analising the question again, I realized that it's Force. Ty for the help o/

Likes russ_watters

1. How does the mass of an object affect its gravitational pull on Earth?

The greater the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational pull on Earth. This is because the mass of an object determines the amount of gravitational force it exerts.

2. Is the gravitational pull of Earth uniform across its surface?

No, the gravitational pull of Earth is not uniform across its surface. This is due to variations in the distribution of mass within the planet, such as mountains and valleys.

3. How does the distance between two objects affect their gravitational interaction?

The gravitational force between two objects decreases as the distance between them increases. This relationship is described by the inverse square law, where the force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the objects.

4. Can the gravitational effect of a uniform mass on Earth's surface be felt at great distances?

Yes, the gravitational effect of a uniform mass on Earth's surface can be felt at great distances. This is because gravity is a fundamental force that acts over infinite distances.

5. Can the gravitational pull of an object on Earth's surface be canceled out?

No, the gravitational pull of an object on Earth's surface cannot be canceled out. The only way to completely cancel out gravitational forces is to have equal and opposite forces acting in all directions, which is not possible on Earth's surface.