How can I track Earth's distance to the sun on a specific date?

In summary, Earth takes approximately 365.24 days to orbit the sun, which is one year. Its orbit is an ellipse, not a perfect circle, and is caused by the sun's gravitational pull. This orbit, combined with Earth's tilt on its axis, affects the change in seasons. Earth's orbit is not constant and can change slightly over time due to various factors, which can have small effects on the planet's climate and seasons.
qntty
A few weeks ago I saw a web page (I believe it was at NASA) that allowed you to enter a date and see Earth's distance to the sun on that date. I searched but can't find the site again, does anyone know where I can find this page?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thanks!

1. How long does it take for Earth to orbit the sun?

Earth takes approximately 365.24 days, or one year, to complete one orbit around the sun.

2. Is Earth's orbit around the sun a perfect circle?

No, Earth's orbit is an ellipse, meaning it is slightly oval-shaped. This means that at certain points in its orbit, Earth is closer or further away from the sun.

3. What causes Earth's orbit around the sun?

Earth's orbit around the sun is caused by the gravitational pull of the sun. As the sun is much larger and has a stronger gravitational force than Earth, it keeps our planet in orbit.

4. How does Earth's orbit affect the seasons?

Earth's orbit around the sun, along with its tilt on its axis, is what causes the change in seasons. When Earth is tilted towards the sun, it receives more direct sunlight and experiences warmer temperatures, creating summer. When it is tilted away from the sun, it receives less direct sunlight and experiences colder temperatures, creating winter.

5. Has Earth's orbit around the sun always been the same?

No, Earth's orbit around the sun is not a constant. Due to various factors such as gravitational pulls from other planets and the sun's own movement, Earth's orbit can change slightly over time. This phenomenon is known as orbital variations and can have small effects on Earth's climate and seasons.