Easy Feet

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I finally received an email indicating that my feet have shipped.

I placed the order five weeks ago.

Evo
Mentor
I finally received an email indicating that my feet have shipped.

I placed the order five weeks ago.
Wow. They better be some mighty good feet.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow. They better be some mighty good feet.
They probably only place orders with China when they have enough for a boat load [actually, enough for a full shipping container].

Sidebar: A favorite trick in industry is to put out a product brochure for products never yet built. What they are really advertising are product concepts. When they get enough orders, they design and build the device. This helps to limit the liability [investment] on products that may not ever do well. As a result, the lead time for these products can be months.

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
They probably only place orders from China when they have enough for a boat load.
:rofl:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:rofl:
:biggrin: An overstatement for the sake of emphasis. But it is true that having a full shipping container is a common practical constraint on delivery schedules for products produced overseas.

One industrial products [automation products] company is rather famous for their two boats from Japan per year. I know as I started my post-graduate life as an engineer for them. At times it was a huge problem.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pigs are flying, hell has frozen over, and my feet have arrived.

They were ordered Oct 4th, so it took 7 weeks.

Evo
Mentor
Pigs are flying, hell has frozen over, and my feet have arrived.

They were ordered Oct 4th, so it took 7 weeks.
Try them! I want to know how they do.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Try them! I want to know how they do.
What are they for again?

As soon as I remember, I'll let you know how they work.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It is a foot massage! You don't even have to be in the shower or tub.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tsu's feet are too ticklish for it, but she liked it as a foot massage with her socks on.

We wanted to try ours before sending Mom hers. One concern is that it could be a trip hazard in the shower. So I suggested that she put it under her shower chair and slide back a bit to use it.

Now for the real test: Does she find helpful, or not.

I must admit that my feet feel tingly clean after use in the shower. I wasn't expecting that.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
An interesting note about the cost of shipping and handling. Based on the advertised price of ~$15 for one foot, with the second one free, I paid about $45 for shipping and handling, for two feet. We could view this as two feet for $30, and $30 shipping and handling.

It cost me $11 to ship one foot about 600 miles. Of course, my time is free, but it isn't for the Easy Feet company. Their cost of shipping is less than mine, but they [presumably... didn't look] had to get it here from China. Looking at it as a businessman, $30 for S&H seems reasonable. It is tough to guess at the cost of production for something like this, but if there is anything I have learned it is that there are many hidden costs in any real business. When push comes to shove, this may not be a bad price.

Esp for products with signifcant weight or bulk, it is tough to compete with chain-store pricing because of the cost of shipping. And when you go shopping, your time and travel costs - i.e., the transportation cost for the last leg of distribution, which is the most expensive part of the trip per mile - are "free".

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
Tsu's feet are too ticklish for it, but she liked it as a foot massage with her socks on.

We wanted to try ours before sending Mom hers. One concern is that it could be a trip hazard in the shower. So I suggested that she put it under her shower chair and slide back a bit to use it.

Now for the real test: Does she find helpful, or not.

I must admit that my feet feel tingly clean after use in the shower. I wasn't expecting that.
I need to see if Walgreen's has them in their "as seen on tv!" section.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't think she wants to try it! :rofl:

To be fair, her mobility has improved enough that she can reach her toes again while sitting on her shower chair. If she has another setback it may still prove helpful. Also, my mother is about as stubborn as anyone can be [which is probably the only reason she is still alive!]. It may just take time before she finally gives it a try. She never wants to try anything new. I was giving it a 50/50 chance this would happen. :rolleyes:

Last edited: