Easy physics practice question

• Thread starter gamer1319
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, an electron with a mass of 9.11*10^-31kg moves in a circular orbit around a nucleus with a mass of 1.67*10^-27kg. The radius of the orbit is 5*10^-11 meters and the angular momentum is 1.05*10^-34 kg*m^2/s. To find the moment of inertia, we need to find the angular speed. To do this, we can find the speed of the electron and use the equation for the moment of inertia of a point mass at a distance r from the center of rotation.
gamer1319

Homework Statement

an electron (mass 9.11*10^-31kg) moves in a circular orbit around nucleus of mass 1.67*10^-27kg. if the radius of orbit is 5*10^-11 meters and the angular momentum is 1.05*10^-34 kg*m^2/s

find moment of inertia
angular speed
angular kinetic energy

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

to find I, we need W (angular velocity). How do i find this if i just have 2 masses and radius?

Physics news on Phys.org
well can you find speed of electron?

gamer1319 said:
to find I, we need W (angular velocity). How do i find this if i just have 2 masses and radius?

What's the moment of inertia of a point mass at a distance r from the center of rotation?

1. Can you provide an example of an easy physics practice question?

An example of an easy physics practice question could be: "What is the acceleration of an object with a mass of 5 kg and a force of 10 N acting upon it?"

2. How can I improve my understanding of physics through practice questions?

By consistently practicing physics questions, you can improve your understanding by applying concepts and formulas to different scenarios and reinforcing your knowledge. Additionally, you can identify any areas that you may need more practice in and focus on those topics.

3. What are the benefits of practicing easy physics questions?

Practicing easy physics questions can help you build a strong foundation of fundamental concepts, improve problem-solving skills, and increase your confidence in tackling more difficult physics problems. It also allows you to identify and address any misconceptions you may have.

4. How can I find easy physics practice questions?

There are many sources for easy physics practice questions, including textbooks, online resources, and review books. You can also create your own questions by applying physics concepts to real-world situations.

5. Is it important to practice easy physics questions even if I understand the concepts?

Yes, practicing easy physics questions is still beneficial even if you understand the concepts. It helps reinforce your understanding and allows you to apply the concepts in different contexts. It also helps you identify any areas that may need further review or clarification.