Solve Easy Precal Questions: Quadrant II, Sin 2(0\), Trig Expressions

• Thread starter raross
  • Start date
For question 1, in summary, the problem involves finding sin 2(0\), given that sin0\ = 3/5 and 0\ is in quadrant II. The hint provided is to use the identity sin 2(0\)=2 sin 0\ cos 0\. For question 2, the trigonometric expression given is equivalent to 1 (C) according to the identities tan\theta=sin\theta/cos\theta and cot\theta=1/tan\theta=cos\theta/sin\theta.For question 3, the trigonometric expression given is equivalent to 2 sin 0\ (C) according to
raross
Can someone help me with a few simple problems:

These 0's have lines through them, and are slanted. I used 0\ to represent that.

1.) If sin0\ = 3/5 and 0\ is in quadrant II, find sin 2(0\). (Hint: sin 2(0\) = 2 sin 0\ cos 0\)?

2.) The trigonometric expression, sin 0\(cot 0\ + tan 0\), is equilvalent to which of the following?
(A) sec(0\)
(B) sin(0\)
(C) 1
(D) sin^2(0\)
(E) csc(0\)

3.) The trigonometric expression, sin 0\ + cot 0\ cos 0\, is equivalent to which of the following?
(A) sec 0\
(B) csc 0\
(C) 2 sin 0\
(D) 1
(E) cos^2(0\)

Thanks for your help!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm guessing that any "0's with slanted lines through them" would be the greek letter theta, which looks like this: [itex]\theta[/itex].

Beyond that, I really cannot help you unless you show some work and show where you got stuck.

I'm sure that your pre calc book contains all the necesary trig identites, and hopefully some example problems as well.

For 1, first derive what theta is, then calculate cos. For 2-3, use trig identities in your textbook or see the links here.

If you are still stuck, for questions 2 and 3 the relevant trig identities are

tan[itex]\theta[/itex]=sin[itex]\theta[/itex]/cos[itex]\theta[/itex]

cot[itex]\theta[/itex]=1/tan[itex]\theta[/itex]

1. What is Quadrant II in precalculus?

Quadrant II is the second quadrant on the Cartesian coordinate plane, located in the upper left-hand side. In precalculus, it is important to know which quadrant a point falls in order to properly solve equations.

2. What is Sin 2(0) in precalculus?

In precalculus, Sin 2(0) refers to the sine function with an angle measure of 0 degrees. This can also be written as sin(0) or simply 0. It is important to know the trigonometric functions and their values in order to solve equations.

3. How do I solve easy precalculus questions involving Quadrant II?

To solve easy precalculus questions involving Quadrant II, first graph the points on the Cartesian coordinate plane. Then, use the reference angles and trigonometric identities to find the exact values of the trigonometric functions.

4. What are trigonometric expressions in precalculus?

In precalculus, trigonometric expressions are mathematical expressions that involve the trigonometric functions (sin, cos, tan, cot, sec, csc) and angles. These expressions can be simplified and manipulated using trigonometric identities.

5. Why is it important to know Quadrant II in precalculus?

Knowing Quadrant II in precalculus is important because it helps determine the signs of the trigonometric functions. In this quadrant, only the sine and cosecant functions are positive. This knowledge is crucial for solving equations and graphing trigonometric functions.