EASY Q (Multiplying sign rules)

• Thread starter ASMATHSHELPME
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rules Sign
In summary, the conversation is about someone who is confused about multiplying rules for polynomials and asks for all the rules for different combinations of positive and negative signs. They thank the others for the help and apologize for making an unnecessary post.
ASMATHSHELPME
Hi,

I've tottally confused myself over the mutiplying rules.
Can someone please tell me all the rules

+x+ =
-X+ =
+X- =
-X- =

Because I am stupid and keep messing up my polynomials with them.

look forward to posting many easy questions for you guys, Dam some of this stuff is complicated you guys are good.

Thanks in advanced,
AS.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
ASMATHSHELPME said:
Hi,

I've tottally confused myself over the mutiplying rules.
Can someone please tell me all the rules

+x+ =
-X+ =
+X- =
-X- =

Because I am stupid and keep messing up my polynomials with them.

look forward to posting many easy questions for you guys, Dam some of this stuff is complicated you guys are good.

Thanks in advanced,
AS.

+x+ = +
-X+ = -
+X- = -
-X- = +

marlon

Same signs= positive,

Different signs= negative:

+x+= +
-x- = +
+x- = -
-x+ = -

thanks guys, Knew it was easy :) Helped me though, Even if it was easy.

Appreciate the fast reponse.

HallsofIvy said:
Same signs= positive,

Different signs= negative:

+x+= +
-x- = +
+x- = -
-x+ = -
I am sorry , but is it really necessary to give the exact same answer that has already been given ? :rolleyes:

marlon

making another unnecessry post here but have you checked the times of your response and hallsofivy's? cos it is more than entirely possible he didn't even notice yours.

1. What are the basic rules for multiplying signs in EASY Q?

The basic rule for multiplying signs in EASY Q is that when multiplying two numbers with the same sign (both positive or both negative), the result will be positive. When multiplying two numbers with different signs (one positive and one negative), the result will be negative.

2. How do I multiply multiple numbers with different signs in EASY Q?

In EASY Q, you can use the same rule as multiplying two numbers with different signs. Simply keep track of the number of negative signs and if there is an odd number, the result will be negative. If there is an even number, the result will be positive.

3. Can you give an example of multiplying signs in EASY Q?

Yes, for example: (-3) x (-4) = 12. Since both numbers have the same sign (negative), the result is positive.

4. What happens if I multiply a number by 0 in EASY Q?

Any number multiplied by 0 in EASY Q will result in 0, regardless of the sign of the number. This is because 0 is considered a neutral number and does not affect the sign of the result.

5. Are there any exceptions to the multiplying sign rules in EASY Q?

Yes, there is one exception to the multiplying sign rules in EASY Q. When dealing with imaginary numbers (numbers with the letter "i" representing the square root of -1), the rules for multiplying signs do not apply. Instead, the product of two imaginary numbers will always be a negative number.