Calculating Impulse of a Collision: A Simple Guide

• Thread starter bengaltiger14
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about calculating the impulse of a collision using the equation Impulse = Force x Time. The person needs the answer to be in Joules-Seconds and is struggling with understanding the correct units. They are also unsure if the given units in the problem are a typo or not.
bengaltiger14
I was to calculate the impulse of a collision. I was given the Average force in Newton, and the collison time in seconds. I need the answer to be in Joules - Seconds and not in Newton - Seconds. I used the equation Impulse = Force x Time. I am have a tremendous brain fart. Can you help?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think you want your answer to be in Joule-seconds, since that's not the unit of momentum...

What's the context?

A collision occurs w/ a time of impact is 35.1 milliseconds and the average force is 509.79 N. What is the impulse (in Joules-Seconds)?

I would just go with F*t and ignore that part. It may just be a typo

What is "Easy Question That I with"?

"Easy Question That I with" is a phrase that likely refers to a simple or straightforward question that someone is asking or struggling with.

Why is it important to ask easy questions?

Asking easy questions can help clarify concepts and ideas, and can also lead to further understanding of a topic or problem. Additionally, easy questions can help break down complex issues into more manageable parts.

What are some examples of easy questions?

Some examples of easy questions may include: "What is the capital of France?", "What is the square root of 25?", or "What is the main idea of this article?" These questions have clear and concise answers that can be easily understood.

How can I come up with easy questions?

One way to come up with easy questions is to break down a complex topic into smaller components and ask questions about each individual part. Additionally, thinking about what information or details are most important to understand can help generate easy questions.

Can easy questions lead to deeper learning?

Yes, easy questions can lead to deeper learning by prompting individuals to think critically and analyze information. Asking easy questions can also help identify any gaps in understanding and can lead to further exploration and discovery of a topic.