1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Easy way to draw truth tables?

1. Dec 10, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    So, in a lot of the questions in exams, I am asked to draw truth tables which are followed up by K maps, usually these truth tables have like 4 variables, now my issue is, is there any easy to draw them, like I cant seem to get my head around writing out all the possible combinations, i just confused. I usually start with one variable being 1 rest 0, but i dont where to keep going? I have no structure.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2015 #2

RUber

Homework Helper

I normally start with one column at a time.
    Since you have 2 options for each one, you will need 2^k rows for k variables.
    For the first column (variable) make the first half of the rows 1 and the second half 0. Then move to the next column and do 1/2 and 1/2, and so on...
    Ex:
    ##\begin{matrix} 1&1&1\\1&1&0\\1&0&1\\1&0&0\\0&1&1\\0&1&0\\0&0&1\\0&0&0\end{matrix}##

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted