Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eat more chili to live longer

1. Jan 23, 2017 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2017 #2
    It is interesting that the chili eaters had behaviors that are not considered conducive to good health, smoking , alcohol, meat and had lower HDL. However they tended to be younger which might have biased the study since younger people are expected to live longer than old people.

4. Jan 23, 2017 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Having more chill also makes you live longer.

5. Jan 23, 2017 #4
    It is chili peppers not chili that was studied. Also Mexican Americans composed 58% of the chili consumers versus 17% for the non consumers. I didn't see any attempt to address this difference in the two populations that where studied.

6. Jan 24, 2017 #5

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

That's good news for me. :smile:

I buy my Tabasco sauce in bulk. (Not to mention the Sriracha and Valentina's). I go through a lot of hot sauce.

7. Jan 24, 2017 #6
    For more bang for your buck seek out sauces with scotch bonnet peppers (Caribbean) or ghost peppers(India) Ghost peppers are reportedly 400 time hotter than regular chili's.

8. Jan 28, 2017 #7

wolram

Gold Member

My daughter makes chili with ghost chilies:biggrin: any thing else is tastless

9. Jan 28, 2017 #8
    I'll bet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted