Eat Grapes to Fight Cancer: High School Student's Discovery in Special Program

• Thread starter Nicool003
  • Start date
In summary, there is a program at a high school where students dedicate their time and sacrifices study halls, lunch, and other classes to study one specific thing and come to a conclusion about it. A senior at this school discovered a link between grapes used in certain wines and drinks and cancer, showing that they could help prevent cancer. The student is continuing his project and updates will be provided later. The connection between anti-oxidants in wine and protecting against cancer is already known, but the student's project aims to further explore this. Some experts also suggest that red fruits and vegetables are good protectors against cancer due to their color component. The student is using grape and apple juice in his project and these juices are known to contain Polyn
Nicool003
There is a program at my high school in which a student (through his/her sophmore-senior years) spends valuable time and sacrifices many things like study halls, lunch (well you can eat lunch but you have to eat while working) and other classes to study one specific thing, learn about it, and I believe you have to come to some conclusion about it or find out something knew about what you are studying. Well this year a senior at my school discovered a link between grapes used in certain wines and drinks and cancer. I believe it showed that they could help stop cancer and he is continuing on his project. I'll update you later on the project and the program that this is (as you may have noticed i didn't mention the name..can't remember it.

Biology news on Phys.org
Well, isn't that connection already known? There are a lot of anti-oxidants in wine, that would give protection against cancer. I also heard that red fruits or vegetables are good protectors against cancer because of the color component. Interesting to find out more though, how is he doing the project?

Yes, I drink some grape or apple juice everyday. Experts also say they are loaded with Polynurients. Whatever that is, but it sounds like a good thing to have :smile:.

intresting:
I always new that wine coolers where good for soemthing besides makeing me seem funny and responding to greg's post I drink these fruit jucies they contian this chemical called glucose but if it is in fruit juice than me being the average consumer must thinks it's healthy

1. How did the high school student discover that eating grapes can fight cancer?

The student conducted a research project as part of a special program, where they tested the effects of various fruits and vegetables on cancer cells. Grapes showed the most promising results in inhibiting cancer cell growth.

2. What type of cancer does eating grapes help fight against?

The student's research showed that grapes can help fight against various types of cancer, including breast, lung, colon, and prostate cancer.

3. Is there a specific variety of grapes that is most effective in fighting cancer?

The student's research did not specify a particular variety of grapes, but all types of grapes contain beneficial compounds such as resveratrol and flavonoids that have anti-cancer properties.

4. How many grapes should one eat in order to receive the cancer-fighting benefits?

The student's research did not determine a specific amount of grapes to consume for the cancer-fighting benefits. However, incorporating grapes into a well-balanced diet can contribute to overall health and may help in preventing cancer.

5. Are there any potential side effects of consuming grapes for their anti-cancer properties?

There are no known side effects of consuming grapes for their anti-cancer properties. However, it is always important to consume fruits and vegetables in moderation as part of a healthy diet.