Eating healthy is for pansies.

• Thread starter Iyafrady
  • Start date
In summary, Red meat, mashed potatos, and beer makes me strong like bull! Cholesterol is a myth made up by doctors to sell you expensive medicine.
Iyafrady
Red meat, mashed potatos, and beer makes me strong like bull! Cholesterol is a myth made up by doctors to sell you expensive medicine.

I eat out every night. Mostly Denny's. I eat with the same silverware everyone else does. When I get to the bottom of my coffee cup and realize the cup has a ring in the bottom from not being fully washed, I think how I just boosted my immune system with foreign germs.I can't remember the last time got sick.

There is no better way to eat healthy than to eat out every night.

Physics news on Phys.org
I agree. I don't eat healthy and have not been sick over 2 years now. My house I am sure has germs but I don't care and clean every now and then. I might as well be happy eating what I want than to starve myself just because you're suppose to be thin!

jesus, what a thread.

Also, Leah, you don't have to starve yourself to be thin. Exercise is a good alternative to starvation:tongue2:

Wow. I can't believe two fun threads got locked while I was away. This guy is great. He is trolling in a science forum. Germ theory is obviously a whole load of ballony, I mean come on, little things we can't see, making people ill? Its the doctors who are just trying to make more money for themselves. In fact, I have never seen anybody that was ill, it is all a myth!

This reminds me of a quote I read today about nanodiamonds. "If bacteria had engagement rings, these would be the right size for them".

No, I didn't have any point, I just wanted to use that quote.

Evo said:
This reminds me of a quote I read today about nanodiamonds. "If bacteria had engagement rings, these would be the right size for them".

No, I didn't have any point, I just wanted to use that quote.

"Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: whatever you say to them they translate into their own language and forthwith, it is something entirely different."

Feels good to get it off your chest (I had no point either).

Nanodiamonds? Now we're talking!

Yes dear, there really is a diamond on that ring.

I never do today what I could do tomorrow. If I wait until tomorrow, I'll be under pressure, and I work better under pressure.

- Charley Brown

I told my wife that on our 100th wedding anniversary I would get her a diamond and a microscope. She said that on our next wedding anniversary I would get her a diamond and a wheelbarrow.

getting back to the previous topic, there is a very truthful quote i take into mind when considering what food to eat. "Exercise hard, eat right, die anyway." I don't recall exactly who said it, but does it really matter? i mean, were just going to crap all the food out and die anyway, right?
tor:yuck:

I'm not much of a healthy eater. I eat lots of junk food, but I am still thin. As a rower I get pretty regular excersize. The only thing I worry about is getting diabetes, so I don't eat tons and tons of sugar-loaded sweets.

If your an unhealthy eater, you NEED to know this!

-A pound of armadillo meat contains 780 calories.

-Most armadillos seen dead on the road did not get hit by the wheels.

-When an armadillo is frightened it jumps straight into the air.

-Armadillos have four babies at a time, always all the same sex. They are perfect quadruplets, the fertilized cell split into quarters, resulting in four identical armadillos.

-Armadillos get an average of 18.5 hours of sleep per day.

-Armadillos can walk underwater.

If you exercise heavily, regularly, you can pretty much eat anything in my experience. It's when you become less physical that what you eat tends to be a detriment to your health.

Topher925 said:
-A pound of armadillo meat contains 780 calories.

-Most armadillos seen dead on the road did not get hit by the wheels.

-When an armadillo is frightened it jumps straight into the air.

-Armadillos have four babies at a time, always all the same sex. They are perfect quadruplets, the fertilized cell split into quarters, resulting in four identical armadillos.

-Armadillos get an average of 18.5 hours of sleep per day.

-Armadillos can walk underwater.
now THAT made this thread worth reading.

Armadillos can walk underwater? I don't believe it. I would think that armadillo farts would leave an airbubble in the top of their shell causing them to float. I could be wrong.

tribdog said:
Armadillos can walk underwater? I don't believe it. I would think that armadillo farts would leave an airbubble in the top of their shell causing them to float. I could be wrong.
That's an evolutionary development. Previously, armadillos walking on the bottom had their bouyancy in the belly. This caused more than a few of them to end up on their backs, little feet waving uselesly in the open currents. It paved the way for Armadillos who could fart into their shells, keeping the "rubber on the road", as it were.

Sounds plausible to me.

DaveC426913 said:
That's an evolutionary development. Previously, armadillos walking on the bottom had their bouyancy in the belly. This caused more than a few of them to end up on their backs, little feet waving uselesly in the open currents. It paved the way for Armadillos who could fart into their shells, keeping the "rubber on the road", as it were.

This sounds a little sketchy to me. Do you have a peer reviewed source for this armadillo claim?

drankin said:
If you exercise heavily, regularly, you can pretty much eat anything in my experience. It's when you become less physical that what you eat tends to be a detriment to your health.

But when I exercise heavily, I'm not as hungry, so don't want all the stuff that I like to eat when I'm not exercising. :rolleyes:

Topher925 said:
This sounds a little sketchy to me. Do you have a peer reviewed source for this armadillo claim?
That armadillo-fart story is an urban myth. Armadillos eat small rocks routinely as ballast. That keeps them belly-down in the water and gives them enough weight to get good traction on the bottom.

http://www.armadillofacts.org/ballast_studies/

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
But when I exercise heavily, I'm not as hungry, so don't want all the stuff that I like to eat when I'm not exercising. :rolleyes:

There are definitely exceptions. I know that when I exercise a lot I have to eat a lot. My body craves the calories. I've also realized when not exercising for awhile (my current condition), if I eat a lot over a period of a few days I need to eat more. My stomache gets bigger I suppose. I really only eat because I get hungry. Some people eat just to eat. I think that's when it tends to cause health problems.

jimmysnyder said:
I told my wife that on our 100th wedding anniversary I would get her a diamond and a microscope. She said that on our next wedding anniversary I would get her a diamond and a wheelbarrow.
That's fine. Get her a wheelbarrel for the microscope.:wink:

turbo-1 said:
That armadillo-fart story is an urban myth. Armadillos eat small rocks routinely as ballast. That keeps them belly-down in the water and gives them enough weight to get good traction on the bottom.

The on-going armadillo fact file (and its blatant unrelated-ness to the thread) has just made my whole day. I will never be able to look at such a critter the same way again.

(p.s., I also heard that their leathery shells effectively repel most projectiles from semi-automatic weaponry. Any verification? armadillofacts simply fails to address the issue.)

turbo-1 said:

A common misconception that is not born out by the fossil record. It can clearly be shown that the evolution of armadillo farts appeared in the fossil record well before the evolution of small pebbles. Pebbles were large and jaggy well into the Pliocene period.

DaveC426913 said:
A common misconception that is not born out by the fossil record. It can clearly be shown that the evolution of armadillo farts appeared in the fossil record well before the evolution of small pebbles. Pebbles were large and jaggy well into the Pliocene period.
A blatant disregard for erosion is evident here.

http://erosion-deniers.org/whendidsmoothpebblesoccur .

drankin said:
and then there are those like myself who can eat fifteen pounds of candy and not gain a pound. got to love high metabolism.

tormund said:
and then there are those like myself who can eat fifteen pounds of candy and not gain a pound. got to love high metabolism.

Yep, I enjoyed a high metabolism for about 30yrs. Then it slowed down and my eating habits needed to adapt in order to maintain my shapely figure :tongue2:.

oh, well thanks fer warnin me in advance. i guess i still got a good thirteen yrs b4 i got to start eating healthier.

DaveC426913 said:

If might just be me, but has DaveC evolved into a creature with a sense of humor? He's cracking me up.

Armadillos are also the only known animal that can contract the same strain of leprosy that infects humans.

Armadillos are strongly attracted to that place we all know as "where the rubber meets the road".

Also, I seriously doubt they would eat pansies.

gravenewworld said:
Armadillos are also the only known animal that can contract the same strain of leprosy that infects humans.

Yes, its because armadillos have such low body temperatures compared to other animals. Because of this they can actually carry many other disease not found in most other animals. It is also what makes them excellent test subjects for lab experiments.

http://www.armadillosoftherepublicanparty.gov/coldcritterswithdiseases/

Topher925 said:
Yes, its because armadillos have such low body temperatures compared to other animals. Because of this they can actually carry many other disease not found in most other animals. It is also what makes them excellent test subjects for lab experiments.
Correlation does not imply causation. Pebbles have low body temperatures too, yet they carry relatively few diseases and make poor test subjects.

Swine flu pandemic: Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks!

DaveC426913 said:
Correlation does not imply causation. Pebbles have low body temperatures too, yet they carry relatively few diseases and make poor test subjects.

high maintenance?

What does "eating healthy is for pansies" mean?

"Eating healthy is for pansies" is a derogatory phrase that implies that only weak or timid individuals choose to eat healthy foods. It suggests that eating unhealthy foods is more desirable or manly.

Is there any truth to the statement "eating healthy is for pansies"?

No, this statement is not true. Eating healthy is a crucial aspect of maintaining overall health and well-being. It is not a sign of weakness, but rather a responsible and beneficial choice for one's physical and mental health.

What are the benefits of eating healthy?

Eating healthy has numerous benefits, including maintaining a healthy weight, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, improving energy levels and mood, and promoting overall longevity and quality of life.

What are some examples of healthy foods?

Healthy foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Some specific examples include apples, broccoli, brown rice, chicken breast, and avocado.

How can I start eating healthier?

To start eating healthier, you can begin by incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet, choosing whole grain options, limiting processed and high-fat foods, and staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water. It is also helpful to plan and prepare meals ahead of time and to seek guidance from a healthcare professional or nutritionist.