1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ECE or M.E?

1. Nov 16, 2011 #1
    As the title states, I plan to apply to Uwaterloo , UofT and Mcmaster as a backup for engineering. I am kinda confused about whether I should apply to ECE as first priortiy and mechanical as second to Uwaterloo, and for other universities whether i may apply to ece or to mecha... What's pulling me towards ECE is the fact that it has a lot of jobs , a decent pay, and basically has physics and math which im looking for. Moreover it doesn't require much design as mecha does , and im not really a designing type of person.
    What's pulling me towards mechanical is that it involves machinery and cars and i personally prefer classical physics ( studying about pressure, kinematics dynamics) over electricity. However, i do not have the problem knowledge in both of these fields and therefore i am scared about my decision. ECE for me right now is studying computer engineering for 2 years along with electrical which,IMO is boring. I dont really like sitting in front of a computer all day and write 01010 codes. Im pretty sure that's not what ece is all about, therefore i want someone to like briefly tell me about both types of engineering..

your co-operation will be appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted