Eclipse the movie

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Ok, so I'm supprised there is not a thread about this one yet. lol

Hate to admit it, but this is by far the best movie in quite a while. They just keep getting better and better with every new Twilight movie.

How many of you actually watched it, and what were your thoughts about it?

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor

It's aimed at teenagers and people in their early 20's. So I am sure that people in that age bracket find it interesting and even good. I'm afraid I find it horrible compared to the vampire shows I've seen.

Don't hate me. I am a fan of vampire shows aimed at a more mature audience, and more in line with older vampire tradition. In other words, old and obsolete.

I'd hope most people here are uninterested in childrens books...

My boss, who is like 30 loves the movies too. It is very interesting. It has a good story line....

Ah, no one can hate you evo... you are the greatest!

Evo
Mentor

My boss, who is like 30 loves the movies too. It is very interesting. It has a good story line....

Ah, no one can hate you evo... you are the greatest!
I am out of touch, according to my daughter.

I will adjust my shawl and go sit in my rocker and watch Forever Knight on youtube. :cry:

Danger
Gold Member

My boss, who is like 30 loves the movies too.
I'm wearing socks older than that, so he definitely still qualifies as a youngster.

I must say that I was going to mention having never heard of "Eclipse", until I finished your post and realized that it was part of the "Twilight Saga". I've never seen any of them, but will watch them when they come on TV for free because I love special effects and prosthetic make-up.

I'm wearing socks older than that, so he definitely still qualifies as a youngster.

I must say that I was going to mention having never heard of "Eclipse", until I finished your post and realized that it was part of the "Twilight Saga". I've never seen any of them, but will watch them when they come on TV for free because I love special effects and prosthetic make-up.
Hey, can't blame you for wanting to watch them for free :) Speaking of the make-up....

*spoiler* you have to notice how in each movie, it does seem to get better and better, lol.

Evo
Mentor

I just watched an old episode of a vampire show I used to love and it was horrible. Really horrible. I'm going to watch another to see if they are all that bad. :cry:

~christina~
Gold Member

Ok, so I'm supprised there is not a thread about this one yet. lol

Hate to admit it, but this is by far the best movie in quite a while. They just keep getting better and better with every new Twilight movie.

How many of you actually watched it, and what were your thoughts about it?
1. I bought the book series after hearing the 'hype' surrounding it. Result: I want my money back and I regret not borrowing them from the library instead. Anyone want a Twilight series set?

2. I tried to watch the movie on dvd (first one) and I couldn't get past 10 min of it. The acting was horrible. I'm lucky that one was actually borrowed.

Conclusion: I get confused when vampires stories don't follow the usual 'rules' (i.e. sunlight results in pretty vampires not dead ones).

I liked some of Anne Rice's vampire novels. Queen of the Damned story was good but the movie not so much.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I haven't read or seen the Twilight series yet. I do like some young adult fiction, though. I'm a huge fan of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games" [Broken] series. I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out in August.

Last edited by a moderator:
collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Oh, my. I originally thought this thread was about the total solar eclipse which occurred this weekend (visible from Easter Island). You can imagine my confusion when I misinterpreted Evo's post as:
[Eclipses are] aimed at teenagers and people in their early 20's.
...wtf? :bugeye: :biggrin:

Danger
Gold Member
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award

I just watched an old episode of a vampire show I used to love and it was horrible. Really horrible.
That was a great show - Lily Munster was hot! :biggrin:

That was a great show - Lily Munster was hot! :biggrin:
I was thinking she might be referring to Barnabas. I do not remember much of that show but thinking it was much like a dark and gloomy version of Days of Our Lives.

I am pretty burned out on Vampires and all of the new interpretations of them. I have seen plenty of vampire movies, 'a new take' is not something I am finding very interesting any more. I did not even care much for 30 Days of Night even though it is probably one of the better vampire movies I have seen.

edit: When some one told me about Laurell K Hamilton's books I was convinced that she was an Anne Rice fan on meth.

edit2: If you can find it I would suggest The Stress of Her Regard by Tim Powers. Vampire/historical fiction revolving around the lives of Lord Byron, the Shelleys, and Keats (though they are not the main characters).

Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member

I was thinking she might be referring to Barnabas. I do not remember much of that show but thinking it was much like a dark and gloomy version of Days of Our Lives
That was, in fact, the only soap opera that I ever watched. It went off the air long before I realized that soap operas even existed, and I've certainly never watched one since. The name of it was "Dark Shadows" and Barnabas Collins was the main character. Somebody tried to remake it sometime in the 80's or 90's, but is sucked so badly that only one or two episodes made it to air.
There was only one vampire in "The Munsters" (Grandpa). Yvonne de Carlo was hot not only in that, but was also a major sex-symbol in mainstream films for a couple of decades before the series aired.
In retrospect, I can't help wondering if she and Carolyn Jones from "The Addams Family" were responsible for my erotic attraction to Goth women.

Last edited:
cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

It's aimed at teenagers and people in their early 20's. So I am sure that people in that age bracket find it interesting and even good.
No way: I'm still in that bracket, and think that these books are nonsense, let alone the movies!

Actually, I know quite a few people (who actually enjoyed the "books") who say exactly the opposite; namely that the films are getting worse. I have, however, not seen any of them: I can't think of anything worse than going to a theatre with hundreds of teen girls who break down screaming when an actor takes his shirt off (and girls call guys immature!!)

Danger
Gold Member

I can't think of anything worse than going to a theatre with hundreds of teen girls who break down screaming when an actor takes his shirt off
On the other hand, if I should find myself in a theatre with hundreds of teen girls who break down and take their own shirts off...

...okay, I'd probably have a heart attack, but at least I'd die happy.

By the way, Cristo, are you a Brit or Canuk? I'm not used to seeing "theatre" spelled properly.

In retrospect, I can't help wondering if she and Carolyn Jones from "The Addams Family" were responsible for my erotic attraction to Goth women.
I am not sure but my attraction to them may be from those shows too. I can't think of anywhere else I may have gotten it from. I have avoided watching the Limony Snickets movie since the brief glimpse I got of it made me feel like a pervert.

On the other hand, if I should find myself in a theatre with hundreds of teen girls who break down and take their own shirts off...
There was a time when you may have seen something close at The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

By the way, Cristo, are you a Brit or Canuk? I'm not used to seeing "theatre" spelled properly.
I'm a Brit: in fact, if I wasn't talking to a international audience, I'd say "cinema" (since that's the word that's used over here), but I've given up speaking in true English nowadays, especially when talking to Americans, since sometimes they don't have a clue what I'm saying!

Danger
Gold Member

if I wasn't talking to a international audience, I'd say "cinema" (since that's the word that's used over here)
We're sort of mixed on that subject in Canada. In an artistic context, "theatre" implies a live stage show, and "cinema" means a film. On the other hand, we use the term "theatre" in an architectural context to describe a facility within which either art form is provided.

Twilight has inspired me to start a gay club called the "wolf pack". No shirts allowed.

Last edited: