Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Economizing of Time

1. Aug 10, 2006 #1
    I’m currently in that lull time between summer and fall classes. Since there are a large number of people here who are professionals as well as students (some at the same time like me). Since I have a tad bit more free time (at least before the wife starts setting me to tasks) I thought I would get a feel how people allocate their time. I was trying to do a breakdown of how I spend my time in simple categories.

1. Activities for monetary gains.
    2. Activities for social gains (Family and/or Friends, Dating, ect)
    3. Activities for self enrichment
    4. Chores

Did I miss any other major category? Do you even bother trying to economize your time in this way or strictly work from priority?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2006 #2
    That never works. Priority or psychosis. Take your pick.
  4. Aug 10, 2006 #3
    But i'm a perpetual procrastinator. Everything becomes priority at the last minute. :rofl: But yes, I appreciate your honest response and I think it is very valid.
  5. Aug 11, 2006 #4
    Everytime you are not 100% up-n-running and perfect in such things, you die a little.
  6. Aug 11, 2006 #5
    If your wife finds out your dating you'll probably be spending the majority of your time doing chores... :tongue2:

7. Aug 11, 2006 #6
    SHHHH! I have enough chores to do this weekend as it is. I've already been set to task on two hedges of Hibiscus bushes to trim. She used the term WE but that means she'll do her usual, supervise.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?