Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Edexcel grade boundaries

1. May 25, 2005 #1
    does anyone knw the grade boundaries for a/s annd a2 physics i dont think 80% is an A i was told 70ish%

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When I did that course (2000-2003), I seem to remember the boundaries being something like 75 for an A, 65 for a B, 55 for a C, 45 for a D. However, those are after your marks have been scaled, so don't count on them being right.

4. May 25, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've since tried to find out properly, they may all be 5% higher than I initially posted (80% for an A), but these are still after scaling.

5. May 25, 2005 #4
    Isn't it all points now at edexel? I thought that this was how all the AS/A2 exams worked?

OCR (and others I think) award out of 300 points

240 for an A
    210 for a B
    180 for a C
    150 for a D
    120 for an E

The above is for AS, and for A2 level these are doubled.

However, actual marks are 'scaled' meaning that with a mark of 90% or so, you can get 100%

Also, at A2 level an A grade goes to those with points totals ranging from 480/600 to 600/600 - Hardly discriminating for top pupils is it, especially so as you can re-sit papers over and over again!

6. May 25, 2005 #5
    yeh but those are the scaled marks...the actually percent vary's from yr to yr i jus wanted to know an average

7. May 25, 2005 #6
    It depends what Tony Blair wants the pass rate to be........

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?