Edexcel grade boundaries

1. does anyone knw the grade boundaries for a/s annd a2 physics i dont think 80% is an A i was told 70ish%

2. jcsd
  3. brewnog

brewnog 2,793
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When I did that course (2000-2003), I seem to remember the boundaries being something like 75 for an A, 65 for a B, 55 for a C, 45 for a D. However, those are after your marks have been scaled, so don't count on them being right.

4. brewnog

brewnog 2,793
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've since tried to find out properly, they may all be 5% higher than I initially posted (80% for an A), but these are still after scaling.

5. Isn't it all points now at edexel? I thought that this was how all the AS/A2 exams worked?

OCR (and others I think) award out of 300 points

240 for an A
    210 for a B
    180 for a C
    150 for a D
    120 for an E

The above is for AS, and for A2 level these are doubled.

However, actual marks are 'scaled' meaning that with a mark of 90% or so, you can get 100%

Also, at A2 level an A grade goes to those with points totals ranging from 480/600 to 600/600 - Hardly discriminating for top pupils is it, especially so as you can re-sit papers over and over again!

6. yeh but those are the scaled marks...the actually percent vary's from yr to yr i jus wanted to know an average

7. It depends what Tony Blair wants the pass rate to be........

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook