Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Edit pictures I made with Photoshop

1. Nov 12, 2003 #1
    I just started recently to edit pictures I made with Photoshop. Now is there somebody who is a Photoshop-King and can give some good tips to make my pics more intressting ?
    Is there a good place where I could upload my pics ?

Uploaded all my pics on :

Visit Blacky's Gallery

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2003 #2
    there are no many people in these forums.............
  4. Nov 16, 2003 #3
    Well I'm no king of photoshop, but I have used it. But since no one else here seems to be a photoshop king either, I thought I'd say hello.

This question really depends a lot on what you want to do with your pictures. For example if they are a sequence of pictures, say of someone running, I'd suggest you layer the pictures together. It would give the effect of the person moving across the picture. If it was a modelling kind of shot, why not layer the photo with a flower or something, and make the flower (or the person) transparent. I don't know there are an almost infinite number of good ideas, and like I said it depends on personal preference.

As for how to produce effects like those above, you should read the help files provided with photoshop, they aren't great but they get you started. Also try this, I haven't checked it out in detail, but is on the official Adobe website:

Or try typing "adobe photoshop" in google and looking at what comes up. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  5. Nov 20, 2003 #4
    Re: Photoshop

Perhaps giving the guy in your image some facial movements would build some more 'character'- and thus, make the pic a bit more interesting...

I am attaching a character I drew that incorporates some simple movement.

If you are interested, I can post how I did it using Photoshop and ImageReady?

6. Nov 20, 2003 #5
    Re: Re: Photoshop

oops... I can't seem to upload the image. I attached it here:

7. Nov 24, 2003 #6
  8. Dec 10, 2003 #7
    huh ?

No one had a look at my pics ? Now I'm a bit disappointed . I do need some inspiring critic :smile:
  9. Dec 15, 2003 #8
  10. Dec 16, 2003 #9
    Re: Photoshop

I found some really neat tutorials and techniques on this site:Photoshop Techniques.

They have links to other sites and a community forum as well that should help with your questions on techniques and such.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2003
  11. Dec 19, 2003 #10
    Check the page. But there were online about two tuts there ? Did I look right ?

well a much better page is the www.teamphotoshop.com .
    good page :smile:
  12. Dec 20, 2003 #11
    You answered your own question :P You get a cookie
  13. Dec 26, 2003 #12
    For a place to upload your original artwork (photographs, photoshop creations, etc.) try Deviant Art.

Check some of the catagories they have and browse a few of the ones that you are interested in yourself....

I'll warn you, you will never browse the entire community!

Not a bad place to post original artwork and interact with like-minded artists. Poetry and prose are welcome as well.
  14. Dec 29, 2003 #13

15. Jan 1, 2004 #14
  16. Jan 2, 2004 #15
    Hey Blackjack, those pictures are really good and im surprised that nobody else has replied complimenting you on your pictures, they are damn good.
  17. Jan 3, 2004 #16
    lol :smile:

Cheers mate . Somebody who supports me on my looooooooooong way to the end
  18. Jan 10, 2004 #17

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  19. Jan 22, 2004 #18

I took a look. Very impressed. You are quite an artist. What kind of camera did you use to take those photos? Lense/s?
  20. Feb 8, 2004 #19
  21. Feb 8, 2004 #20
    wish I could do that... really nice work Black Jack.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?