Edit Thread Title: Can't Edit?

• Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date
In summary, there could be several reasons why you are unable to edit the thread title, such as restricted editing privileges or the thread being locked by a moderator. However, you can request for a moderator or administrator to edit the title for you, but it is best to check the forum's rules and regulations beforehand. The time limit for editing thread titles depends on the website's settings, and it may or may not be possible to edit the title multiple times. Most likely, you can edit the title on any device or browser as long as you are logged in, but there may be specific requirements or restrictions set by the website. It is recommended to check the guidelines or contact a moderator for more information.
DiracPool
I was going to edit a thread title and it didn't give me an option to, only the main body text. Is there no way to edit the title within the normal editing window?

Physics news on Phys.org
Report it and the staff can change it

1. Why am I unable to edit the thread title?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to edit the thread title. One possibility is that the forum or website has restricted editing privileges for thread titles. Another possibility is that the thread has already been locked by a moderator or administrator, preventing any further changes.

2. Can I request to have the thread title edited by someone else?

Yes, you can request for a moderator or administrator to edit the thread title for you. They may or may not honor your request, depending on their policies and guidelines. It is always best to check the forum or website's rules and regulations regarding thread title edits before making a request.

3. Is there a time limit for editing thread titles?

This depends on the specific forum or website's settings. Some may have a time limit for editing thread titles, while others may allow edits at any time. It is best to check the website's guidelines or contact a moderator for clarification.

4. Can I edit the thread title multiple times?

Again, this depends on the website's settings. Some may allow multiple edits, while others may restrict it to one edit only. It is always best to check the website's guidelines or contact a moderator for more information.

5. Can I edit the thread title on a different device or browser?

In most cases, you should be able to edit the thread title on any device or browser as long as you are logged in to your account. However, if the website has specific requirements or restrictions, it may not be possible to edit the thread title on certain devices or browsers. It is best to check the website's guidelines or contact a moderator for more information.