Why Can't We Edit Posts? Is It New Upgrade?

• Thread starter amcavoy
  • Start date
In summary, it seems that there may be a problem with editing posts after upgrading. However, it could also be due to a time limit on editing posts which is currently set at 1440 minutes after posting. Another potential solution is to clear the browser and try again.
amcavoy
Why aren't we allowed to edit posts anymore (at least I can't)? Is it part of the new upgrade?

Thanks,

Alex

Physics news on Phys.org
But I could. Of course my post was after upgrading.

Lisa! said:
But I could. Of course my post was after upgrading.
That must be my problem then -- I was trying to edit a post that I made before the upgrade.

Thanks Lisa!

Alex

I think there's always been a limit on how long you can edit posts for. How old is the one you're trying to edit?

Yes, the limit time for editing is 1440 minutes after posting a message.

But perhaps it's only his problem after upgrading. You know for example when I'm replying to a post, it says "done withan error on page" and then I can't use any features only by clicking on them. I mean I have to type everything like smilies by myself.
So as Greg said we'd better to clear our browser, and then perhaps the problem will be tackled!

1. Why can't we edit our posts?

Editing posts may not be available on all platforms as it depends on the specific features and settings of the website or app. Some platforms may choose to allow editing for a certain period of time after a post is made, while others may not have the capability at all.

2. Is it a new upgrade?

It is possible that the ability to edit posts is a new upgrade for the platform you are using. However, it is also possible that it has always been a feature and you may just not be familiar with how to use it.

3. Can't we just delete and repost instead of editing?

While deleting and reposting may seem like a simple solution, it can be inconvenient and time-consuming. It also removes any interaction or comments on the original post, which may be valuable to the poster.

4. What are the reasons for not allowing post editing?

There could be various reasons for not allowing post editing. Some platforms may prioritize real-time updates and do not want old posts to be edited and potentially misleading. Others may want to maintain the integrity of the original post and any comments or interactions on it.

5. Can we request for the ability to edit posts?

It is always worth reaching out to the platform's support team or making a request to add the feature. However, keep in mind that not all platforms may be able to accommodate individual requests, and the decision to allow post editing ultimately lies with the platform's developers and administrators.