Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Editing your post?

1. May 30, 2014 #1
    Hi, I created a thread but would now like to edit my post and the title. Can't find the edit option. I recall having done this a while back.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2014 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The edit button has a time limit on it. After that, the button is not displayed and you can't edit the post.

4. May 30, 2014 #3

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

11 or 12 hours I think.
    If the change is relevant, you can report your post and ask the mentors to change it.

5. May 30, 2014 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

And keep in mind that some edits to your posts can create confusion in the thread. If you go back and edit your original post (OP) to significantly change it, others who have responded to your OP will be confused. Sometimes, it's just best to quote your OP in a separate reply, and then use strikeouts to delete what you want to eliminate, and make corrections in bold or in some other obvious way.

6. May 31, 2014 #5

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The thread title can only be changed by a mentor. If you wrote something ridiculous, like "Einstien", use the report button to ask them to change it.

The time limit for edits is 11 hours and 40 minutes (=700 minutes).

7. May 31, 2014 #6

adjacent

Gold Member

:rofl:

8. Jun 2, 2014 #7
    Thanks for the replies. Duly noted :thumbs:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook