Verifying My Solution to an EDP: Agree or Disagree?

• A
  • Thread starter Carmen_8
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an EDP and the solution proposed by one person. The solution involves writing the EDP as a differential equation, integrating and separating variables, and ultimately obtaining a final solution. The person is unsure if the solution is correct and asks for confirmation, questioning the use of variables instead of constants.
Carmen_8
I have this EDP, [tex]uu_{\eta \eta } +u_{\eta }^2=0[/tex]
and my solution for it, but I don't know if it's correct. Could you tell me if you do or do not agree with it?
Here it's my solution:
1)We can write the EDP as:
[tex](uu_{\eta})_{\eta}=0 [/tex]
2)Integrating:
[tex]d(uu_{\eta})=0[/tex]
[tex]uu_{\eta}=F(\xi )[/tex]
where [tex]\xi [/tex] is another variable.
3)If we separate variables and we integrate again, we obtain:
[tex]u=\sqrt{2\eta F(\xi )+2G(\xi )}[/tex]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Seems correct to me. Although I'm not sure why you say F(x) G(x), why are they dependent on the same variable? Why not just say F and G are constants?

1. What is an EDP?

An EDP is an abbreviation for "Engineering Design Process". It is a systematic and iterative approach used by engineers and scientists to solve problems and develop solutions. It involves identifying a problem, brainstorming possible solutions, selecting the best solution, and testing and refining it.

2. Why is it important to verify a solution to an EDP?

Verifying a solution to an EDP is important because it ensures that the solution is effective and meets the desired objectives. It also helps to identify any potential flaws or errors in the solution, allowing for improvements to be made before implementation.

3. How do you verify a solution to an EDP?

There are several ways to verify a solution to an EDP, including conducting experiments or tests, gathering feedback from others, and comparing the solution to similar existing solutions. It is important to have a clear and objective criteria for evaluation in order to accurately verify the solution.

4. What are the benefits of verifying a solution to an EDP?

Verifying a solution to an EDP has several benefits, including ensuring the effectiveness of the solution, identifying any flaws or errors, and improving the overall quality of the solution. It also helps to build confidence in the solution and can lead to further improvements and advancements.

5. Can you explain the difference between verifying and validating a solution to an EDP?

While verifying a solution to an EDP involves testing and evaluating the solution to ensure it meets the desired objectives, validating a solution involves confirming that it actually solves the problem it was intended to solve. In other words, verifying focuses on the quality and effectiveness of the solution, while validating focuses on its ability to address the problem at hand.