1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Education recommendations for learning quantum physics and nuclear physics (14 y/o)

1. Jun 19, 2017 at 8:26 AM #1
    As a 14 year old, my access to resources is limited to what I can find on my phone or occasionally in the library. With this consideration, can anyone recommend some good online resource for learning quantum physics and nuclear physics. I already have the background knowledge, I understand classical physics well and can utilize mathematics well into complex analysis and number theory. (If you have recommendations for those too I wouldn't mind) I just need recommendations for learning quantum physics and nuclear physics with only a phone and internet.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2017 at 7:50 PM #2
    Impressive that you know Number theory and Complex analysis.:bow:

I think you can get into university with that level of knowledge.

4. Jun 21, 2017 at 6:15 AM #3
    I don't know, to what extent you have knowledge in Classical Mechanics. So I would like to suggest "Goldstein" for Classical Mechanics. Solve each and every problem you can. take help of others if you can't solve the problems on your own. The knowledge of Classical Mechanics comes in handy to understand the counter-intuitive nature of Quantum Mechanics, and still predicting the same results as Classical Mechanics in various cases. After that "R. Shankar" must be good for Quantum Mechanics. Concepts of Angular Momentum is very important in Atomic and Nuclear level Physics, which can be well served by R. Shankar.

Elementary Particles by "Griffiths" is good for Particle Physics, and "S. M. Wong" for Nuclear Physics. Hopefully, these books will be useful and you can find the PDFs.

5. Jun 21, 2017 at 2:15 PM #4
    Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted