Discover the Power of Educational Videos at HowStuffWorks and Beyond!

• Thread starter MadmanMurray
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, there are many websites and resources available for educational videos, including HowStuffWorks, YouTube, MIT, Dimensions-Math, Eduguide, NASA TV, The Wonders of Physics, and the Vega Science Trust. These videos use animations and visual aids to help viewers understand complex concepts and formulas more easily. Additionally, there are online experts available through sites like Ezdia, for real-time problem solving and assistance.
MadmanMurray
Sometimes a concept that I'd been trying to understand for about half an hour I grasp in about 5 seconds by watching an animation of it in action. Videos are a rapid way to learn in my opinion. Heres a really good site I've found
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/

Anyone know any other good sites like this?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There are some decent math tutorial videos on YouTube, but I don't know of any offhand. Some MIT stuff on there too; and it's not horribly advanced, at least some of it isn't.

Check this out

dimensions

i don't know if it helped me to understand any concepts, since i haven't met most of the concepts treated here before. But this is a series of videos that uses 2-D as well as 3-D animations to explain concepts regarding the fourth dimension. It's a really nice trip to make if you have the time to, but it's not treated in any rigorously fashion (in fact, i think they're intended to be for the general population).
http://www.dimensions-math.org/
hope you like them

I like this site: http://eduguide.tv/" [Broken]
It is an educational hub with all the great moderated educational content being uploaded to the Internet. There are not so many videos but its content increases day to day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah is is good to have the visual tutorials . as it helps to learn fast and remember for long , sometimes bcoz of some small small formula we can't able to remember , but learning them as a video helps a lot , some are here ,

These are videos based on simple formula , But these type of videos help very much. Online teachers also help very much , as sometimes we stuck up some where and want a solution at that time only , for that you have to search for the expert who can help you , ezdia provides you the number of experts in different categories , through which you can contact online and get solve your problems in no time. It's a very good way to solve the problem in real time.

all looks good, must to have some more?

What is the purpose of educational videos?

Educational videos are designed to teach and inform viewers on a particular topic or subject in an engaging and visual manner. They can be used for various purposes, such as in classrooms, online courses, or for personal learning and development.

How can educational videos enhance learning?

Educational videos can enhance learning by providing a visual representation of complex concepts, making them easier to understand and remember. They also engage multiple senses, making the learning experience more interactive and immersive.

What makes educational videos effective?

Effective educational videos are well-researched, concise, and visually appealing. They should also be targeted towards a specific audience and use a variety of instructional techniques, such as animations, demonstrations, and real-life examples.

How can I use educational videos in my teaching or learning?

Educational videos can be used in various ways in teaching or learning. Teachers can incorporate them into their lesson plans as supplemental material or use them for flipped classroom activities. Students can also use educational videos as a tool for self-study and review.

Where can I find educational videos on a specific topic?

There are many online platforms, such as HowStuffWorks and YouTube, that offer a wide range of educational videos on various topics. You can also search for educational videos on specific topics on search engines or educational websites.