EE Favorite Drink

• Thread starter dijkarte
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

The most common drink for computer scientists is coffee. What do electrical engineers designing circuits usually drink? What do you suggest to drink while designing a circuit?

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
The most common drink for computer scientists is coffee. What do electrical engineers designing circuits usually drink? What do you suggest to drink while designing a circuit?

Thanks.
Aged burbon. The circuits will work much more smoothly.

Interesting! I thought they drink something more caffeinated like Redbull. Anyway I will try it and see how my circuits work.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Interesting! I thought they drink something more caffeinated like Redbull. Anyway I will try it and see how my circuits work.
No, Red Bull will make your waveforms all spiky.

Anything that has [itex] C_2H_5OH \;[/itex] in it..................:surprised:rofl::biggrin:

Ok I'm sticking with sea water. YESSSSSSSSSSSS! :bugeye:

smoothies

Analog Smoothies!

Sorry guys, I created this thread as a joke...and as some already know I'm just learning things and it will be a long journey.:biggrin:

Bong water

Tim Hortons!

Classic Coke until age 30.

Then the routine is coffee in the morning, coffee through lunch, espresso x3, and finally coffee until 5pm. After that you start drinking iced tea.

PCB obviously.

My favorites are Redbull and Coke.

trollcast
Gold Member
My dad works with a lot of electrical engineers and most of them drink tea, although this is Britain so tea goes with everything.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
PCB obviously.
Let's have a toast with 1,1,1-Trichloroethane to celebrate our clean PCBs. :biggrin:

Although not as toxic as many similar compounds, inhaled or ingested 1,1,1-trichloroethane does act as a central nervous system depressant and can cause effects similar to those of intoxication,...

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My dad works with a lot of electrical engineers and most of them drink tea, although this is Britain so tea goes with everything.
Although I am not by any stretch of imagination an EE, I have taught EE labs and lectures, and I drink 3 to 4 medium to large mugs of tea every day.

My conclusion:

EE drink is tea
CS drink is coffee

:rofl:

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My conclusion:

EE drink is tea
CS drink is coffee

:rofl:
I was friends with a couple of the EE people with whom I worked: one drank water and one drank coffee.

The subject seems more complicated than I thought. Maybe I will do more research. This can be a good PhD thesis.