1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EE Online Education

1. Aug 13, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am in the process of transferring from a community college to a 4 year university.. I worked full time, have a family and not young. My State University offers an online EE Program that from some teachers appears to be recognized in the country.. Even though I want to finish school as soon as possible and I want to make sure i get the most of it and make sure I am able to knock on companies doors and be consider for another position either within my company(My company pays for both the online program or the main campus) or another company(Maybe Power Utilities) once I finish. Is any of you have any information on Online BSEE education. My university once I go to Online degree will not allowed me to go back to a Main Campus Degree.

Any info you can share will be great

thanks

Gera

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2015 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Stick to the traditional degree, EE isn't something you can learn online. The labs are very important and probably the most relevant part of the education. Working and school will be difficult, but if your current employer is paying for it, I'm sure they will understand and attempt to accommodate you (as to not waste their own money.)

4. Aug 14, 2015 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook