Online EE Degree: What You Need to Know | Gera

In summary, the person is considering transferring from a community college to a 4-year university and is interested in an online EE program offered by their state university. They are concerned about the recognition of the online program and want to ensure they have opportunities for employment after graduation. They have received advice to stick with a traditional degree and that labs are important in an EE education.
Gerardo Ortega
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of transferring from a community college to a 4 year university.. I worked full time, have a family and not young. My State University offers an online EE Program that from some teachers appears to be recognized in the country.. Even though I want to finish school as soon as possible and I want to make sure i get the most of it and make sure I am able to knock on companies doors and be consider for another position either within my company(My company pays for both the online program or the main campus) or another company(Maybe Power Utilities) once I finish. Is any of you have any information on Online BSEE education. My university once I go to Online degree will not allowed me to go back to a Main Campus Degree.

Any info you can share will be great

thanks

Gera

Physics news on Phys.org
Stick to the traditional degree, EE isn't something you can learn online. The labs are very important and probably the most relevant part of the education. Working and school will be difficult, but if your current employer is paying for it, I'm sure they will understand and attempt to accommodate you (as to not waste their own money.)

1. What is an online EE degree?

An online EE degree is a degree in Electrical Engineering that is earned through an online program rather than traditional in-person classes. This allows for more flexibility and convenience for students who are unable to attend a physical university.

2. What are the benefits of getting an online EE degree?

Some benefits of an online EE degree include flexibility in scheduling, lower costs, and the ability to continue working while pursuing the degree. Additionally, online programs often have a wider range of course offerings and allow students to learn at their own pace.

3. How long does it take to earn an online EE degree?

The length of time it takes to earn an online EE degree can vary depending on the program and the student's pace. Typically, it takes around 4-6 years to earn a bachelor's degree and 2-3 years to earn a master's degree in EE online.

4. What are the admission requirements for an online EE degree program?

The admission requirements for an online EE degree may vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants will need to have a high school diploma or equivalent, a strong academic background in math and science, and may need to submit standardized test scores.

5. What career opportunities are available with an online EE degree?

An online EE degree can lead to various career opportunities in industries such as electronics, telecommunications, renewable energy, and computer engineering. Some common job titles for EE graduates include electrical engineer, systems engineer, and network engineer.