1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EE to physics grad

1. Oct 30, 2007 #1
    I am currently an Electrical Engineer. I have a ba in ee/business . i realized i made the wrong choice-- i want to teach physics at the university level.

i live near albany and there are 2 colleges here that have masters/phd programs...

the websites are difficult to follow in terms of reqs so im going to ask here although obviously some reqs would depend on the university. i hope to get a general answer.

what do i have to do??????????????????????????????? lol

do i have to get an undergrad in physics? do i have to take undergrad courses and then apply for masters?

do i apply for masters and phd? then, is it just a plain "physics" degree or do i have to specialize in one area of physics??

how can i do this and live? it seems like all the posts i see are people who are still under care of parents or whatnot. is this possible to do when i have to work to survive?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted