Generating Graphs with Maple: Calculating F_o, w_o and w

• Maple
  • Thread starter viciado123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphs Maple
In summary, the equation for beat is x(t) = [\frac{2F_o}{m(w_o^2 - w^2)}sin(\frac{(w_o - w)t}{2})]sin(\frac{(w_o + w)t}{2}). To generate the graph, the values for F_o, w_o, and w should be chosen to have frequencies that are close to each other. A suggested set of values to try is F0= 5, m = 1, w=2pi, w0=2pi-1/2, and the graph should be plotted from 0 to 20pi using a program like Maple.
viciado123
I find the equation of beat:

[tex]x(t) = [\frac{2F_o}{m(w_o^2 - w^2)}sin(\frac{(w_o - w)t}{2})]sin(\frac{(w_o + w)t}{2})[/tex]

What values do I get to [tex]F_o[/tex], [tex]w_o[/tex] and [tex]w[/tex] to generate the graph ?

I use program maple to plot graph.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, you want the frequencies to be sort of close. Try F0= 5, m = 1,w=2pi, w0=2pi-1/2 and plot it from 0 to 20pi.

LCKurtz said:
Well, you want the frequencies to be sort of close. Try F0= 5, m = 1,w=2pi, w0=2pi-1/2 and plot it from 0 to 20pi.

Thank you

1. How do I generate a graph using Maple?

To generate a graph using Maple, you can use the "plot" command followed by the function or data points you want to plot. For example, to plot a simple linear function, you can use the command "plot(x)".

2. What is F_o in Maple?

In Maple, F_o represents the frequency value or initial frequency of a signal. It is often used in calculations involving signals and waves.

3. How do I calculate F_o using Maple?

To calculate F_o in Maple, you can use the "freq" command followed by the function or data points you want to calculate the frequency for. For example, if you have a sine wave function, you can use the command "freq(sin(x))" to calculate the frequency of the wave.

4. What does w_o represent in Maple?

In Maple, w_o represents the angular frequency of a signal or wave. It is measured in radians per second.

5. How do I calculate w_o using Maple?

To calculate w_o in Maple, you can use the "omega" command followed by the function or data points you want to calculate the angular frequency for. For example, if you have a cosine wave function, you can use the command "omega(cos(x))" to calculate the angular frequency of the wave.