1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Effective Minor for Applied Engineering degree?

1. May 22, 2012 #1
    Effective Minor for Applied Engineering degree??

So, I've started a program in Applied Electronics Engineering, which isn't actually an engineering degree, but is a Bachelor's level Technology degree. Good mix of hands-on and light theoretical coursework (you know, basic trig-based physics and high school chemistry). However, I want a better foundation in the theoretical coursework, as there's plenty of practical courses (industrial safety, plc's, econ/ cost analysis, technical writing, programming robots, and control systems technology). I have 18 electives to use, although I'm willing to take over 18 hours. I've thought about a minor in math, computer science, chemistry, or physics.

The math minor at the college consists of Cal I,II, & III, plus three more. Pretty much, the only electives are Applied Statistics, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra, DE's, PDE, Vector Analysis, and Advanced Calculus.

Computer Science minor consists of Computer Programming I & II, Software Engineering, Computer Organization & Architecture, Operating Systems, & Database systems.

Chemistry minor consists of Gen Chem and Organic Chem plus 8 more hours. Electives are Quantitative Analysis, Physical Chemistry, Instrumental Analysis, and Biochem.

Physics dept. is very small at the school. Minor consists of Cal-based Physics, Modern physics, and three more. Electives are Elementary Radiation Physics, Astronomy, Classical Physics, Electromagnetism, and Quantum Mechanics.

Out of all of them, which would be the most useful and practical for my situation? Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted