Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EHT transformer

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1
    Ozone Generation (Help required)

I am working on the project of "Ozone generation".

Generation of ozone is done using discharge tube working at around 6KV. But the source from where I got the details of the project doesnt provided the information on the construction part of it.

Please help me by giving the link where I can find the constructional details of generating ozone through discharge tube.

I have the diagram of the discharge tube which I have attached with this post.
    Please help me its urgent.

If it is convinient for you plz mail me any details at nirav0279@gmail.com .

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2008 #2
    My project title is ozone generator. In my project there is one EHT Transformer (i.e LOT 2070 EHT Transformer). I m unable to find the specification of this transformer , its pin configuration and other detail. So please help me out giving some or other details or the link where i could find the link of its specification.
    If posible mail the details to nirav0279@gmail.com or else post here itself.

Thank You.
  4. Apr 3, 2008 #3

Staff: Mentor

Multiple threads merged.

logical, can you give us any more information to try to help you out? Where did you find the transformer and tube?
  5. Apr 3, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would be a little leary of this setup. With 6kV, you're going to possibly have arching through the epoxy generating heat that could cause the tube to shatter.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?