Einestein favourite physicist?

• Thread starter jsantos94
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
Einstein's mind? Einstein's education? Einstein's interests? His sense of humor? His own critical thinking? His own ideas of philosophy? His own political opinions? His own sense of aesthetics? His own personal life?The question is absurd!In summary, the conversation starts with a question about Einstein's favorite physicist, leading to a discussion about why people feel the need to assign favorites and if it is possible to have multiple favorites. There is mention of Einstein's relationship with Mileva and his preference for solitude. The conversation then turns to jokes and humor, with some individuals providing serious responses and others joking around. The conversation ends with a student asking for help with homework, which prompts a discussion about the absurdity of the question and
jsantos94
i was researching einestein's life when it occur to me, who could be einestein favourite physicist, anyone??

Physics news on Phys.org
obviously me:P
haha jp.
it was probably himself.

I'm always curious why people have such a black and white view of things.

Do people need a favourite anything? Why do people feel the need to assign the title of 'favourite'?

Can a person not have a variety of people they like for various reasons?

I agree with you. like my favorite person is myself (bc I'm awesome!).
Idealizing a person only creates a false atmosphere that the said person is perfect.
And with that assumption there can only be room for either perfection or utter failure.
And being that everyone is perfectly imperfect, there is only room for the failure.

Who is Einestein ?

Idk, some dude that invented relativity or something?
:P

Nah, that's Einstein.

w8 stien-I invented the g-4 bomb didn't he!?
or did he cut down tht cherry tree?

jameslat said:
Idk, some dude that invented relativity or something?
:P
jarednjames said:
Nah, that's Einstein.
Ah, of course, that's Alebert !

Mach

jsantos94 said:
... who could be einestein favourite physicist, anyone??

Einestein’s favourite physicist must have been Zweistein, and he in turn adored the famous Dreistein, and as far as I know they all loved the Rolling Stones.

yes those rolling stones were quite the bomb of physics back then.

jameslat said:
yes those rolling stones were quite the bomb of physics back then.

yup :approve:

... of course everything is relative and some say there were some beetles or bagels or whatever, that had some impact as well ...

To be sure, for a very long time Einstein's favorite physicist was Mileva. :!)

now now let's be rational we want the truth!
then again what is the truth?
can we prove that anything is true?

Bore!

bp_psy said:
Bore!

yup! :rofl:

Lacy33 said:
To be sure, for a very long time Einstein's favorite physicist was Mileva. :!)

That’s true Lacy. But when it comes to the real Einestein, there are rumors that he enjoyed spending warped quality-time with a different lady named Mieleva (and of course playing Rolling Stones at 110 dB and smoking his pipe, in the same space-time).

:biggrin:

jameslat said:
can we prove that anything is true?

As far I can see, Einestein has showed us that anything is possible ... true ... :bugeye:

bp_psy said:
Bore!

No! Niels Bore was Einestein’s Antagonist #1. They kept on fighting a whole life and the last words from Einestein was:
– You are sooooo boring and soooo wrong! :grumpy:​

maybe it's not a question as to who was Einsteins favorite whatever, but why?

jameslat said:
maybe it's not a question as to who was Einsteins favorite whatever, but why?

Well, maybe it’s time to stop the joking and be serious... :blushing: after all, it’s jsantos94 first post on PF, and even if it was a funny missepelleing + maybe an 'odd' question:

Welcome to PF jsantos94!

Niels Bohr was a much respected friend to Einstein, but they were different personalities. Bohr’s scientific work was introduced into the world by constant verbal communication, and he had his 'school' and his 'disciples'.

Einstein was different, he thought of himself as the "lone traveler", and he wrote that after the age of twelve he developed a "skeptical attitude towards the convictions which were alive in any specific social environment – an attitude which has never again left me". Einstein remarked in 1930 on his own:
"Pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities, I am truly a 'lone traveler' and have never belonged to my country, my home, or even my immediate family with my whole heart. In the face of all these ties I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude – feelings that increase with the years."

And if we add these Einstein quotes:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle."

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."

You’ll see that Einstein was not the 'archetype' for putting big poster on the wall and worshiping "old farts"...

But I’m pretty sure had all the respect for knowledge, intelligence and creativity, and his 'predecessor' on gravity, Sir Isaac Newton, must of course had influenced him. Einstein wrote in his Autobiographical Notes:
"Newton, forgive me; you found the only way which, in your age, was just about possible for a man of the highest thought and creative power."

For Einstein – Nature was the biggest source of inspiration and admiration – preferably on his own ...(I think)

DevilsAvocado said:
Well, maybe it’s time to stop the joking and be serious... (blah, blah, blah...)

Time to stop all the seriousness, and joke around!

His favorite scientist was Bill Nye.

FlexGunship said:
Time to stop all the seriousness, and joke around!

Geeze, can’t anyone take me out of this madhouse...I NEED SOLITUDE! :grumpy:(:biggrin:)

DevilsAvocado said:
I NEED SOLITUDE! :grumpy:

[PLAIN]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjVk7lb4DrBpWBThK55mFaHiubVfuhqvSVvVQ6m65FDdWWWl0b

Last edited by a moderator:
lonely people do lonely things...

Muhaha!

to many smiles to be non-conspicuous...

jameslat said:
to many smiles to be non-conspicuous...

FlexGunship has all the answers to these kind of questions, my stomach hurts, and I can’t hear my own thoughts anymore, I got to get out of this mess sooooon ...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

j/w why is it tht a 100 people will post abt a crazy topic but no one will help me with my homework :(

jameslat said:
j/w why is it tht a 100 people will post abt a crazy topic but no one will help me with my homework :(

Your question was: "Who was Einstein's favorite physicist?"

You told us that it "just occurred" to you to wonder about this. Now it's homework? So firstly, your premise was essentially a fabrication, and even if we put that aside you're asking us to answer a question that is fundamentally unanswerable by anyone except Einstein!

I suspect the goal of your homework was for you to give some critical thought to the problem and devise a reason why a particular physicist might have influenced or even inspired Einstein to perform the work he did. Now it's a question of your own imagination!

You are asking us to imagine what you might think a dead scientist's favorite scientist would be.

And you're getting on our cases for being silly?

i understand this. i didn't ask the original question.

but still doesn't help me understand springs :(

jameslat said:
i understand this. i didn't ask the original question.

but still doesn't help me understand springs :(

Uh. Okay. Shame on me, I guess, for making a bad assumption. Buuuut... you're asking for... to get help in... a totally unrelated... on a forum of...

Just... sorry. Springs look like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdEIbxtJzGXOV2DFrBW-0XvgyfKdBWONfHfdXveaqauMih4HUOdg.jpg

Good now?

omg! i totally get springs now!
lol
-sarcasm-

js i like this forums sense of humor :)

1. Who is Einstein?

Albert Einstein was a German-born physicist who is widely considered one of the most influential scientists of the 20th century. He is best known for his theory of relativity and his famous equation, E=mc².

2. What is Einstein's theory of relativity?

Einstein's theory of relativity is a two-part theory that explains the relationship between space and time. The first part, known as the special theory of relativity, states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion. The second part, known as the general theory of relativity, explains how gravity works by describing it as the curvature of space-time.

3. What is E=mc²?

E=mc² is Einstein's famous equation, also known as the mass-energy equivalence equation. It states that mass and energy are two forms of the same thing and are interchangeable. This equation is a fundamental principle of modern physics and has been confirmed by numerous experiments.

4. Why is Einstein considered one of the greatest physicists of all time?

Einstein's contributions to the field of physics are numerous and groundbreaking. His theory of relativity revolutionized our understanding of space and time, and his work on the photoelectric effect and Brownian motion helped lay the foundation for quantum mechanics. He also made significant contributions to the development of nuclear energy and cosmology.

5. What is Einstein's most famous quote?

Einstein is often quoted as saying, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." This quote highlights Einstein's belief in the power of creativity and imagination in scientific discovery.